• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

how to get hard wee off cage

try lemon juice- freshly squeezed of course :roll: and leave on for a couple of hours
  2. L

Where do your rabbits live? x

this is my set up and they can stay out 24/7 :D
  3. L

Spaying bun but what about partner?

Hi, the best thing to do is keep them together--even when you take her to the vets to be done, take them both with you, and when she is recovering keep them together, and they will be fine. Good luck:)
  4. L

Drama at the vets.! Because of my Bailey!

my bunny is the same--he is very laid back until he is put on the vets table --when i take him to the vets now the vet puts him on the floor to examine him and he is fine!!!:shock: So if your vet is up for it give it a try!!!
  5. L

is it ok for rabbits to be outside in the winter

my 2 are out in their run 24 7 they never go in :shock:-- I was very wary of doing this but the rescue I got them from said it is fine, and they have been, although if it is wet and windy i put shower curtains all round the run--its a big 12 foot by 7 foot walk in dog run-- to protect them, and...
  6. L

What do you use in litter tray?

I put newspaper at the bottom then wood shavings then hay as they both love to sit in the tray and eat at the same time!:roll:
  7. L

check out the ears!!!

they are magnificent!!! I wanna squeeze them--gently of course:oops: :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
  8. L

Scratch & Newton Bottle Snug

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ThermoDrink-Cover-Stop-Rabbit-Water-Bottle-Freezing-L_W0QQitemZ160289459936QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160289459936 they do two sizes , so check which size bottle you've got ;)
  9. L

Scratch & Newton Bottle Snug

I bought one from E***y :lol: (well four actually!)and it was a couple of quid, compared to about a tenner for the Scratch and Newton one, and it looks great :) not that I'm tight but it would have beed 40 quid otherwise, so have a look :)
  10. L

What do you do with it all?

I take all the hay, straw and poops to the garden waste bin at the dump and the newspaper all goes in the recycling--the guys at the dump said the papers are ok to recycle even if they are weed on! So all enviro-friendly bunnies and piggies here!:D
  11. L

My new baby rats... Michael, Freddy & Jason

:love::love::love::love::love: they are soooooooo cute!!! Are they Dumbos? they are gonna be even more gorgeous when they are bigger
  12. L

Rosie has gone blind :-( U/D Pic Added

she's beautiful, I cant believe how much she looks like my Dolcie, she died a couple of months ago from old age - she was ten but I still miss her
  13. L

Rosie has gone blind :-( U/D Pic Added

so sorry to hear your bunnie has gone blind, as with a lot of things I think it is worse for the owner of the animal than it is for the pet itself, they just accept it and get on with it whereas we dwell on it and obviously get upset. My bun lost her sight after ec and she coped amazingly well...
  14. L

Abcess??? Advice pleeeeeease!!!

thanks for your advice, my vet is brilliant with rabbits, so I will go along there tomorrow, fingers crossed
  15. L

Abcess??? Advice pleeeeeease!!!

I've just been down to see my bunnies, and Willow had what i thought was a bit of food stuck to her chin but on closer inspection it is dried puss, i bathed it with salt water and the top of the scab came off and some pussy stuff came out- it was pure white though not yellow like puss, i bathed...
  16. L

2 Rabbits that needs names! Any suggestions?

powder puff and smudge they are soooooooo cute :love::love::love::love:
  17. L

Tongue and groove or plywood hutch? photo here.

all my hutches are made from ply wood- the thick one and they have lasted for years- two of them are 10 years old and one id four, they are under cover but still obviously have two rabbits peeing in them. All I have had to do is give them a new coat of wood stain every couple of years and on one...
  18. L

kids want my buns

Hi, quick question--- how did they know you had rabbits in the first place? Does that mean they have been snooping around in your garden?:?::?:
  19. L

my rabbit shed

mine love a cardboard egg box with some shredded wheat or a carrot inside - keeps them busy for hours!!!:lol:
  20. L

my bunnies and their run

thank you all for your great comments :) the four sides of the run probably took about an hour to put together- including carrying it down the garden !!! The roof took a bit of time as it is screwed onto the four roof timbers and it was hard to reach the middle - as its 10 foot by nearly seven...
Back