• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you do with it all?

Demi

Young Bun
When I had my snowy he used to take up a full black sack when we cleaned him out, so for the people who have lots of buns then where do you put it all? lol:lol:

Well we can't use the compost bin because we have a nest of mice in their and the council told us off for putting it in the brown bin:oops:

Well we can't use the compost bin because we have a nest of mice in their and the council told us off for putting it in the brown bin:oops:

Tell them it's the best compost material; it's all vegetable matter & wont attract mice or rats - unlike dog or cat faeces.

Our neighbour very kindly has most of it off us for their compost bin! In return we get lots of free veggies off them from their veg patch :D Not a bad trade I don't think!!

I take all the hay, straw and poops to the garden waste bin at the dump and the newspaper all goes in the recycling--the guys at the dump said the papers are ok to recycle even if they are weed on! So all enviro-friendly bunnies and piggies here!:D

It all goes in the compost bin (Soon to be bins!) which I much prefer to a pile of black bags. Bun and piggie poo is a great accelerator you know!! ;)

Straight in the compost bin.

They have cat poo trays and we empty them twice a day so I dunno the cumulative total. I know it's best to layer the compost though so I try and put in some kitchen waste or weeds between the rabbit poo and newspaper, every few days. But I do know rabbit poo and wee is thought to be one of the best 'activators' for compost - ie: gets it rotting down faster. And also it is supposed to be the only manure that contains all the key elements in the right amounts for plants, so you can theoretically, put fresh poo straight on your plants, without leaving it to age or composting it first, like with other muck!

I once read that in the past some organic gardeners have kept rabbits purely for the muck to activate their compost, it's that good.:D

We have a green sack for garden waste, grass cuttings etc that gets collected fortnightly. We never used to have much in it but now it's full in just over a week. :shock:

My green bin that the council use for compost, its full to the brim every fortnight when its collected

Nottingham City Council are pants...they don't allow bunny waste in the garden bins or even at the tip. I've actually been sent home from the tip on a couple of occasions with my bags of poo because 'we don't take animal waste' :cry:

So I'm afraid I have to resort to storing bags of poo in my shed, and sneaking it into my neighbours bins every bin collection day. I don't want to do it, but I can't afford to pay for a private collection.

I'm currently plucking up courage to ask for a second waste bin.

No wonder your bin gets so full :roll: Try doing something green with it :wave:

Not much I can do :?

I rent and the garden is all shrubs and stuff so I can't dig a hole anywhere and bury it. There is a small compost bin but that filled up in a couple weeks!

We have to take ours to the local tip. The council here don't allow animal waste in our green bin it's for garden waste only we were told it would have to go in a general waste bin.

Back