• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do your rabbits live? x

My buns live outside! Well... in the garage :lol:
our hutch is located inside our alarmed garage, and they have a little tunnel going through the garage wall, through the aviary and out onto the grass :lol:

Here is the hutch:
IMG_0837.jpg

And here you can see the aviary, and at the bottem you can see the little tunnel coming out :love:
09-03-16046.jpg

That is WELL cool :D

This is where Flora and Parsnip live. It's a dog kennel with an enclosed shed (5'x4') at one end and the run (5'x5') at the other. I also added another 6'x3' run at the other end to give them a bit more space.

100_0402-2.jpg

And this is where Pea and Pod live. Due to some (cough) digging, I've recently added some new turf, as you can see from the beautiful patchwork design:lol:

100_0403-2.jpg

100_0406-1.jpg

100_0405-2.jpg

This is where Flora and Parsnip live. It's a dog kennel with an enclosed shed (5'x4') at one end and the run (5'x5') at the other. I also added another 6'x3' run at the other end to give them a bit more space.

100_0402-2.jpg

And this is where Pea and Pod live. Due to some (cough) digging, I've recently added some new turf, as you can see from the beautiful patchwork design:lol:

100_0403-2.jpg

100_0406-1.jpg

100_0405-2.jpg

What amazing set-ups! you should be really proud of yourself. Lucky buns :D

Thanks! I just wish Flora and Parsnip could have a 'natural' set up like Pea and Pod but I've only got a little garden and I had to leave some lawn for the dogs:lol::lol:

As seen from above last summer - there's not much space left for Bryn and Meg but they make do!

21062008017-1.jpg

Last edited:
Took plenty of pics today so beware:lol:
P1010005-5.jpg

Here's the shed. Currently housing all my bunnies (and Zakura right outside in a run):lol:
P1010003-5.jpg

Closeup of the run. I was going to expand it today but there's a giant puddle beside it so I decided not too.
P1010022-1.jpg

The setup inside the run. Three cages are still unfinished. There's no walls on them yet, I put up a temporary wall for Cloud on the lowest one because:
P1010002-4.jpg

This wasn't really suitable anymore... Snow fell on it.
P1010012-2.jpg

Cloud's hutch, covered in newspaper rather than shavings because he just got neutered.
P1010014.jpg

Cloud's cage inside.
P1010008-3.jpg

Zakura's cage. Empty because Zakura is outside at the moment. The bucket of water is there because I put a water tank on the table which leaks.
P1010010-1.jpg

Aroma's hutch (Bottom cage to the left)
P1010016-1.jpg

The inside.
P1010009-2.jpg

Rufus' hutch. Middle cage to the left.
He's traded place with Zakura since the bottom floor rabbits like to go out of their hutches when I feed them... and with both Cloud and Rufus on the floor they started fighting through the bars. And since I was going to bond Cloud and Zakura eventually I thought it was best she stayed on the floor.
P1010011-1.jpg

Sasuke's hutch. Top cage to the left.
P1010018.jpg

Inside.

And just for show, some of the currently unused cages:
P1010044.jpg

This used to be Zakura's hutch. It needs some minor repairs but is still usable (though a bit small). I want to build an extra floor bellow it.
P1010045.jpg

My first outdoor hutch, currently used as a tool shed:lol:
I also have some more runs that aren't put up. Most are like the one Zakura uses now, and then I have this for smaller bunnies:
P1010011.jpg

This pic was taken last summer. It was then used by Rufus and his brother Tobi (now rehomed) when they were too small to go into the other runs.

Last edited:
Here we go :)

setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg

setup3.jpg

This is the ‘Summer Home’ – it’s 6ft x 6ft and has extra space (6ft x 3ft) on top of the hutch where they spend most of their daytime sitting up there :wave: they live in here whilst I am at work on spring/summer days and then come out to play in the garden until just before it gets dark on weekdays and all day at weekends :) In summer they sleep out here as well. My dad built all of this, including the hutch, 10 years ago and it’s all weathered extremely well with some TLC and maintenance on my part, as well as managing to move house twice with it :love: it's due for another coat of timber treatment stain this summer though as you can probably tell :lol: I built the pine ramp last weekend with my husband … My woodwork skills are poor, and whilst it looks nice and works well, I forgot to take the bedding box door into account when designing it and now I can’t open it because the ramp is in the way :lol: I have to move the ramp every time they need cleaning out :oops: it’s a hassle but I’m hoping woodwork-loving daddy will not be able to resist adapting it next time he visits so it doesn’t get in the way of anything else :love:

I'd love for a run tall enough where I can walk in and stand up in it but dad's putting that one off until we can afford to buy our own house and we won't have to move it again :lol:

In early Spring and Autumn when it’s a bit colder at night and dark on evenings they play out in this run whilst I am at work and then they come inside for the evening and night with the full room of the living room, dining room and kitchen. It’s not as big an area as the garden of course, but it’s plenty big enough for them to hop around and they have the full run of the ground floor whether we’re at home or out. I'm having to use photos of Luna as she was our bun up until February.

setup4.jpg

setup5.jpg

(Total run of the house, leading to pretending to be a christmas present during the festive season ;) )

In very bad winters they live almost 24/7 inside the house, in milder winters they still go outside in the garden during the day and at weekends. I wouldnt dream of kicking them out in the sudden -7 temperatures we had this past winter :shock:

I would love to own my own house so that I can knock through the shed and have the shed as the ‘hutch’ and then the run can be 100% grass and playthings :love: still a distant dream away though…

Here is my 12ftx 6ft set up.
Soon they will have permanent access to a 7.5metrex15metre lawn.
SNC00608.jpg

My bunnies come inside over the winter, Piglet & Eeyore live in my room and go into their cage overnight, the rest of the time they have the run of my room

029-7.jpg

Otis and Sophie have the run of the conservatory during the winter, don't have any photos though..

During the summer both pairs go into these hutch and runs

093.jpg

This is where Lily lives. She has the run of the whole of my downstairs and she sleeps in a 48" dog crate.

3049_74625241149_518206149_2067874_8127657_n.jpg

n518206149_2067882_6614668.jpg

Lily wanted to be on that photo :lol:

At the moment Paddy and Sadie are upstairs in the biggest Nero cage which i leave open while im home with a puppy pen around it. I am TRYING to save up for a shed but its very hard :( but eventually they'll have a lovely outdoor set up! :love:

This is Yoshi and Bisky's room....

pic3.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic5.jpg

I notice that in most of the pics you all have a box of hay/straw - I dont have this should I? Is there anything else I am missing..

Last edited:
My bunnies come inside over the winter, Piglet & Eeyore live in my room and go into their cage overnight, the rest of the time they have the run of my room

029-7.jpg

Otis and Sophie have the run of the conservatory during the winter, don't have any photos though..

During the summer both pairs go into these hutch and runs

093.jpg

I Love the look of both, how mutch was it? x

Back