• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you use in litter tray?

What do you use in litter tray?

• Shavings

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Easybed / Cusionbed

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Wood pellets

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Carefresh

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please mention :))

Votes: 50 62.5%

• Total voters
I put newspaper at the bottom then wood shavings then hay as they both love to sit in the tray and eat at the same time!:roll:

woodshavings with outside buns- inside buns newspaper and wood cat litter with hay to munch on top -prob being honey today decided to try and dig for australia and i have pellets scattered over floor!!!:roll:

newspaper, shavings then hay. Have also tried

Megazorb - good stuff, might go back to it but was hoping smell of shavings would make bloomin bunnies realise where they were supposed to go

Hemcore - Not very absorbant

Wooden pellets - Bunnies ate them :roll:

Carefresh - for my first buns neuter. far to expensive for the 8 bunnies I have at the mo but seemed ok. Nice as it didn't get tracked around the carpet like megazorb & shavings can if you don't put hay on top.

cotton bedding - I have never seen it in England though but he is some blurb in English just in case: http://www.cottoncomfort.nl/english.html

I use this in their toilet and in their hutch. In the hutch I put it on top of lots of newspaper for extra warmth and easier cleaning. It is great for their toilet because all of the wee-wee soaks through to the bottom and the top stays completely dry. It doesn't stink either! It is pricey but not as much as Carefresh...

other!

I tried the PAH wood pellets, but when they absorb liquid they crumble and just become very messy in my opinion,

soo I swapped to 'Back to Nature' which is recycled paper pellets available from the hay experts.

I think if you have smaller buns/small number of buns, hay an newspaper is good, but I have two dwarf lops, a small mixed bun, and a french lop all using a large underbed storage box needs something to absorb the liquid!

Back