• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. MiniC

Butterfly lop on an adventure!

Playing around with AI, I asked it to draw a butterfly lop bunny on an adventure at sea, and got this majestic creation 😂
  2. MiniC

Easy clean carpet?

We thought we'd give rough lino a try, but it looks like Poppy has had a little muscle loss in the hind-legs, which I'm guessing is probably because they don't like the lino very much, so haven't been using all the space available to them as they used to. We had stable mats before that, but they...
  3. MiniC

Would you return to the vets?

Billy wasn't interested in breakfast yesterday, so we had a trip to the vets. Within about an hour of coming home, he was showing interest in food again (soon after he was ravenous!) he ate dinner & breakfast, but started refusing treats about 11am (that's when he was due his morning dose of...
  4. MiniC

Spot blood test

I'm being a bit curious here :lol: Someone mentioned doing "spot bloods" from their rabbit, and for some reason I pictured taking a pin ***** sample from the bunny, like you'd do a finger-***** test on a person. Now, later, I just can't picture how it would work with a wriggling bunny. Googling...
  5. MiniC

Rabbit vaccines - exactly a year apart?

My rabbits are due their vaccines, I thought the 17th or 21st, I wasn't 100% sure. Just called the vets to ask if it would be possible to book them in next Thu (22nd), when I have the day booked off work, the receptionist told me they're due on the 15th (tomorrow) and it has to be tomorrow...
  6. MiniC

Badly Drawn Pets

Hoping this is OK to share here, as it's a well known animal charity (SSPCA are the Scottish equivalent of the RSPCA). This looked like a really cute little fundraiser - I'm definitely planning to submit for Billy and Poppy but thought others might like a badly drawn picture of their bun buns...
  7. MiniC

How long: pet sitter vs boarding?

I need to get holiday care for my buns for around 3 weeks, but I'm struggling to find somewhere I'd be happy to leave them. So many of them just offer tiny hutches with carers who just like having fluffy animals around to force snuggles upon! I usually work on the basis that up to 5 days with a...
  8. MiniC

Lucky/unlucky bunny!

Just spotted this one in the news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61869120 Unlucky bunny was hit by a car, lucky to have lived, unlucky to have been released 40 miles away from home :?
  9. MiniC

Ear scab

Sorry, this is one of those "do I need a vet trip?" posts, I'm a big ol' bunny hypochondriac! Billy has a scab on his ear, it first appeared last week, but it was tiny and easy to ignore. I actually thought this might be a tick when I felt/saw it again last night, as it's been growing at that...
  10. MiniC

Bunnies in the workplace

My bunnies seem to have a decent no-win-no-fee solicitor already lined up, it's the only explanation for these...
  11. MiniC

Post-stasis feedback appreciated

Unfortunately Poppy had to spend last night in the vet hospital, as she wouldn't eat her dinner and had some high blood glucose levels, suggesting a bit of a blockage. She's started eating the exciting stuff again, not passing poos yet, but the hospital was happy enough for me to take over her...
  12. MiniC

Have a bad feeling...

Our neighbours with 3 kids just put up a post on FB asking for off-cuts of pipe for a bunny tunnel. Feeling very sorry for the bunny, as her kids can upset my two from the next garden over! They can be a bit noisy... And I dunno if they'll know to adopt 2 and to give them space to settle into.
  13. MiniC

Fussy Water Drinkers

I'll never understand why bunnies are such water snobs, they'd rather go thirsty than drink from *the other water bowl*. I literally washed both these bowls at the same time and filled them from the same water jug. Billy walked up, sniffed the black bowl and turned his nose up, then started to...
  14. MiniC

Loud sneezes?

I don't know how normal this is, but Billy keeps sneezing really loudly. Sometimes it's a bit like a polite quiet person's "atchoo", today it was a bit more like a cat clearing a hairball. I notice it about once a fortnight, so it's not often. Anything I google, just talks about frequent...
  15. MiniC

I need a Rabbit Whisperer

Billy is such an excessive humper, it's such a miserable life for Poppy. She forgets she can run away from him sometimes, and the miserable look in her eyes as she's so sleep deprived and downtrodden. My mum used to be great at this stuff, she'd just kinda sit and meditate near an animal, and...
  16. MiniC

Bunterior design help?

I need some storage for bunny things, like hay and toys. Our house lacks useful corners to store things, so it basically has to go in the bun room. The photo is what we have at the moment, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest something we can replace it with that would offer more storage but...
  17. MiniC

How can I put weight on my girl?

Poppy's vet was said they were concerned her back teeth were a bit long about 8 weeks ago. I dutifully reduced pellets a bit, to encourage more hay eating. She was also bonded back in with Billy though, and he was humping her a lot, so between that and the fewer pellets, she lost 350g by her...
  18. MiniC

Bunny guide

For help identifying your bunny loaf.
  19. MiniC

Taking back control!

We have an open border policy in our house, but the problem is our floor is made of lava (aka laminate) and our bunnies will only hop between safe islands (aka rugs). I want to reduce the number of islands in my house, as they're just downright messy looking and a faff to clean around. The...
  20. MiniC

Re-bonding

I'm re-bonding our bunnies after a period of separation (she had an op). Forgot how stressful it is. Billy spends every minute desperately trying to find a way through the panels separating them, to get to her, only stopping when he's exhausted himself. I feel like it can't be good for him at...
Back