• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need a Rabbit Whisperer

MiniC

Wise Old Thumper
Billy is such an excessive humper, it's such a miserable life for Poppy. She forgets she can run away from him sometimes, and the miserable look in her eyes as she's so sleep deprived and downtrodden.

My mum used to be great at this stuff, she'd just kinda sit and meditate near an animal, and you could see it visibly relax as she was doing it (which I know sounds like Woo woo!). I need someone like that in my life.

Does anyone know if I have any options to help chill Billy out?

Has he had his hormone levels checked ? Excessive humping in neutered Bucks can indicate a problem with the adrenal gland- adrenal gland hyperplasia.

Have you tried a pet remedy plug in diffuser?

Yeah, no difference at all.

I should also probably say, he's had veterinary investigations to rule out all possible medical causes and he had a testosterone suppressant, in case it was hormonal, which made no difference at all. It's purely behavioural.

Has he had his hormone levels checked ? Excessive humping in neutered Bucks can indicate a problem with the adrenal gland- adrenal gland hyperplasia.

Yes, we actually took him for an ultrasound to check for adrenal issues. He had a ferret hormone panel too :lol:

In case that makes me sound like I went to a crazy vet, it was all through at the special Edinburgh vet school, I can't name here.

Oh I do like a good animal communicator thread:lol: you want me to wake up mystic mouse? I actually PAID to speak to an animal communicator once (never confessed that on here before) - it was hilarious.

Poor Poppy though :(

Yes, we actually took him for an ultrasound to check for adrenal issues. He had a ferret hormone panel too :lol:

In case that makes me sound like I went to a crazy vet, it was all through at the special Edinburgh vet school, I can't name here.

The Royal D*ck :lol:

Oh I do like a good animal communicator thread:lol: you want me to wake up mystic mouse? I actually PAID to speak to an animal communicator once (never confessed that on here before) - it was hilarious.

Poor Poppy though :(

Yeah, my mum did a communication course :D I dunno, I kinda have some faith in it after some of the stuff my mum picked up on, I just think you can be taken for a ride too.

We went to the dog shelter to look for a dog, and there was a terrified little pup there, so she practiced on him. He said his name was something like Branington, he'd got lost and was worried his family wouldn't know what had happened to him because he was responsible for looking after the baby. You could see him visible stop shaking and settle down as she was trying to calm him.

Funny thing was, the dogs owners turned up as we were leaving, they had a toddler with them and said his name was Branigan, and they basically confirmed everything mum had said just 5 mins earlier.

My sister's rat also told Mum that my sister's flatmate kept calling her "The Spinster", and she objected to such a nickname. Mum asked my sister, and it was true, her flatmate had been calling the rat "spinster" for a while. Apparently she was much nicer to him from then on, after they got him to stop!

Last edited:
Yeah, my mum did a communication course :D I dunno, I kinda have some faith in it after some of the stuff my mum picked up on, I just think you can be taken for a ride too.

We went to the dog shelter to look for a dog, and there was a terrified little pup there, so she practiced on him. He said his name was something like Branington, he'd got lost and was worried his family wouldn't know what had happened to him because he was responsible for looking after the baby. You could see him visible stop shaking and settle down as she was trying to calm him.

Funny thing was, the dogs owners turned up as we were leaving, they had a toddler with them and said his name was Branigan, and they basically confirmed everything mum had said just 5 mins earlier.

My sister's rat also told Mum that my sister's flatmate kept calling her "The Spinster", and she objected to such a nickname. Mum asked my sister, and it was true, her flatmate had been calling the rat "spinster" for a while. Apparently she was much nicer to him from then on, after they got him to stop!

wow. That doggy story is quite incredible. my bunnies reading had some really good stuff & if I wasn't on this forum prattling about my rabbits all day long i'd have been in awe rather than suspicious. I'd contacted mine to ask why Boo was being a pain in trio bonding . Boo said she she didn't really give a toss about the other rabbits & didn't particularly identify with them but had no feelings on animosity :lol: Come to think of it she also said there was something wrong with Boos right (or maybe left) side of her brain.

My beloved bridge bun Ralph :love: used to have Reiki & I swear it helped him loads but I can't say the same for later buns

wow. That doggy story is quite incredible. my bunnies reading had some really good stuff & if I wasn't on this forum prattling about my rabbits all day long i'd have been in awe rather than suspicious. I'd contacted mine to ask why Boo was being a pain in trio bonding . Boo said she she didn't really give a toss about the other rabbits & didn't particularly identify with them but had no feelings on animosity :lol: Come to think of it she also said there was something wrong with Boos right (or maybe left) side of her brain.

My beloved bridge bun Ralph :love: used to have Reiki & I swear it helped him loads but I can't say the same for later buns

That's interesting! Did you think that's close to right, or do you think she just made it up?

I might be wishful thinking, I just desperately wish there was someone out there who could speak Bunny, and could reassure Billy about whatever he needs reassured about.

That's interesting! Did you think that's close to right, or do you think she just made it up?

I might be wishful thinking, I just desperately wish there was someone out there who could speak Bunny, and could reassure Billy about whatever he needs reassured about.

The cynical side of me won, I really wanted her to say something specific (like a nickname for the buns or similar- I'd not disclosed them on here at that point, or them saying something meaningful about us. Loads was true but i can see how it'd be generic to most rabbits & some lucky guesses. Not all though.

I remember her saying she was surprised when I said we thought Boo was the youngest as she came across as a matronly grandmother type :lol: Its set up so you cant really ask many questions without killing the vibe:lol: I did ask if she could ask Boo how she felt about not being able to have babies (Boo unaware) & the circumstances of her rescue but guess what, Boo didn't want to talk about it :lol: Allegedly ll 3 kept talking over each other too. My bad as I paid for her to talk to all 3

I so wish i'd taped it

The cynical side of me won, I really wanted her to say something specific (like a nickname for the buns or similar- I'd not disclosed them on here at that point, or them saying something meaningful about us. Loads was true but i can see how it'd be generic to most rabbits & some lucky guesses. Not all though.

I remember her saying she was surprised when I said we thought Boo was the youngest as she came across as a matronly grandmother type :lol: Its set up so you cant really ask many questions without killing the vibe:lol: I did ask if she could ask Boo how she felt about not being able to have babies (Boo unaware) & the circumstances of her rescue but guess what, Boo didn't want to talk about it :lol: Allegedly ll 3 kept talking over each other too. My bad as I paid for her to talk to all 3

I so wish i'd taped it

Oh that's interesting! I know what you mean though, I'd want specifics too :lol:

I so wish i'd taped it
I'd've paid to listen to it :D Sounds like your bunnies TBH, especially talking over each other XD

I'm a massive skeptic of the whole thing BUT openminded enough to think there MUST be something in it or it wouldn't be a thing :lol: Do you think if somene did 'get through; to Bily you'd just get 'SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'?

you should do it , tape it 7 then charge us a few quid for a listen :lol: I seem to remember mine was £75 cos when bob got home 7 i confessed he asked how much. i replied 25 9mumbles) per rabbit

you should do it , tape it 7 then charge us a few quid for a listen [emoji38] I seem to remember mine was £75 cos when bob got home 7 i confessed he asked how much. i replied 25 9mumbles) per rabbit
Blimey! She must be doing well for herself [emoji38]

Blimey! She must be doing well for herself [emoji38]

:lol: of all the weird & not so wonderful things I've got up to since I met Bob, I think this is the only thing to truly disappoint him:lol:

Its also off putting cos you've obviously got a bit of hope (desperation) to engage in it all. So I paid via paypal & you arrange a time to call. First thing she says is it is for entertainment only, she has to say that for legal reasons, do you want to proceed? So then you're locked into feeling foolish - NO, NO, I thought this was real & not entertainment, please return my money at once you charlatan :lol: ahhh but I so want it to be true

I'd've paid to listen to it :D Sounds like your bunnies TBH, especially talking over each other XD

I'm a massive skeptic of the whole thing BUT openminded enough to think there MUST be something in it or it wouldn't be a thing :lol: Do you think if somene did 'get through; to Bily you'd just get 'SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'?

:lol: probably!

I kinda don't even want to know what he's thinking, I just want someone who speaks bun to tell him to stop :lol:

Back