• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do any other rescues need any help?

janice

Wise Old Thumper
ARC have been very lucky and have had a good few weeks finding some lovely homes for some of their bunnies and guinea pigs :D We are now in a very rare and fortunate position to have some empty double storey hutches. If there are any rescues out their who are over flowing and would like some assistance, please do ask we can help you.

f you are looking for a little assistance, please contact Donna-arc or ring 020 8755 1807 (sorry Donna :lol:)

Janice

Tracy very kindly helped me out by taking some pigs today but I still have loads of rabbits and guinea pigs on my waiting list, far more than I can take in right now. Perhaps another bunny run can be organised?

Cheryl

Overnight we have had a number of offers from a few individuals to take in buns via the website, Donna today will start organising to get those in and some from Cherlyl for us.

I am sure we can take a few piggies as well if Cheryl would like to sneak a few in for me! I still have quite a few here but many are booked to go out.

Janice

That would be a great help. I am reorganising things here today and at the end of the week am taking in another 8 pigs. I still have one lady that wants me to take 11 pigs (males and females) plus there are a few singles and pairs :?

cheryl I can take some guineas as I have none in at the moment if they can be got over to manchester

Elaine

As Janice said - since she posted this I have had calls to take in 7 rabbits! This obviously reduces the amount of spaces we have available.
This means we only have 5 double hutches (plus a few guinea places) free, is this worth the trip Cheryl? If it is, shall we meet you at South Mimms again?

We currently have room to take guinea pigs too. We have been very quiet on the gp front, which is good in one respect, but I'm sure there are more out there looking for rescue places! If anyone near walsall needs help with guinea pigs just let me know.
Lucy

Just to update everyone, I am going out on Monday to Greenfields rescue to collect some guinea pigs and rabbits from Lorna, there are also some 'at risk' bunnies coming into Donna this weekend who were also on Lorna's waiting list. We have 6 piggies and 2 rabbits coming in during the week from another lady in Greenford who takes in unwanted 'waifs and stays', there are other 'privately' owned rabbits and piggies coming in next week and Donna and I are also meeting up with Cheryl one day next week to allow Cheryl to get her next ones off her waiting list of animals to come in.

Janice

I can take quite a few female guineas permanently as one of my young pigs has just been castrated and another will be soon, plus the wildlife centre I am volunteering in has one just castrated fellow and another two soon to be done. They will all need wives, preferably harems. I will be overseeing their new accomodation which will be nice and big. I have enough room to keep girlies until there is no risk of pregnancy and then introduce them to the boys. I will be making sure the guineas at the wildlife centre are properly looked after from here on in. I have already nixed the idea of a petting area in favour of education about appropriate care for both the rabbits and guineas.

Back