• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday Pics - Monkey World

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
P1040615Small.jpg

P1040616Small.jpg

P1040628Small.jpg

P1040650Small.jpg

P1040658Small.jpg

P1040661Small.jpg

P1040667Small.jpg

P1040673Small.jpg

I LOVE this picture;

P1040679Small.jpg

P1040702Small.jpg

Last edited:
They're fab piccies, and the one you love is fantastic, so clear and looks like you could have been in an actual rainforest or somewhere!

Oh I really want to go there! I used to watch Monkey World religiously on Discovery. I love Orang Utans :love: :love: :love: :love:

I love that place! Never got such good photos as that tho :lol:

If I'd known you were that close to me you could have come to visit!

Ooh. that's a lovely area to stay :love:

Next time you'll have to pop over and say hello to The Boys and Her Ladyship :wave:

It was, although the monsterous amounts of roadworks are just :evil::censored: :lol:

Stayed in Littlesea, if you know of it :wave:

Might have to take you up on that offer :wave:

Monkey world is a lovely place, the animal keepers are great, and the behind the scenes people are very knowledgeable too.
I hope you got to see Sally who looks after all the babies that come in. Also the chimp that was seized from Mary Chipperfield who was found guilty of beating the chimp.

The saddest thing about Monkey world is that most of the monkeys have been taken from the wild. They have some of the old PG tip advert chimps there too, they get into their adolescents and get too hard to handle. Infact even sadder are the lab cages they have on view.

On a positive note, the more people who visit and spend money the more the people can do something on behalf of the monkeys. Its a lovely day out.

Monkey world is a lovely place, the animal keepers are great, and the behind the scenes people are very knowledgeable too.
I hope you got to see Sally who looks after all the babies that come in. Also the chimp that was seized from Mary Chipperfield who was found guilty of beating the chimp.

The saddest thing about Monkey world is that most of the monkeys have been taken from the wild. They have some of the old PG tip advert chimps there too, they get into their adolescents and get too hard to handle. Infact even sadder are the lab cages they have on view.

On a positive note, the more people who visit and spend money the more the people can do something on behalf of the monkeys. Its a lovely day out.

We saw a lady feeding the baby orangutangs in the 'nursery' enclosure - maybe that was her? The pics above are all from there, as the main enclosure is being rebuilt right now.

We saw the lab cages. We were disgusted, but i like how they've included the cages and wordings, so you can see how they WERE kept.

They had howling monkeys in the trees that day, it was awesome!

Also, just as a random fact, they have a monkey (like the two in the last picture) who has the same name as my OH, spelt exactly the same :lol: - she hasn't been allowed to forget that since ;)

It was, although the monsterous amounts of roadworks are just :evil::censored: :lol:

Stayed in Littlesea, if you know of it :wave:

Might have to take you up on that offer :wave:

Making me feel homesick! :( I grew up on Portland and moved away from Weymouth 2 years ago. I know Littlesea well and worked a summer season at the Sea View site when I was 17 ;)

Roadworks there have been hell for ages, don't think the new road has helped that much!

Glad you had a good break, the pics are great!

We saw a lady feeding the baby orangutangs in the 'nursery' enclosure - maybe that was her? The pics above are all from there, as the main enclosure is being rebuilt right now.

We saw the lab cages. We were disgusted, but i like how they've included the cages and wordings, so you can see how they WERE kept.

They had howling monkeys in the trees that day, it was awesome!

Also, just as a random fact, they have a monkey (like the two in the last picture) who has the same name as my OH, spelt exactly the same :lol: - she hasn't been allowed to forget that since ;)

Sally is a chimp. ;) She's amazing.
And I am really jealous, I would love to go there.

I really want to go to monkey world, I've seen the signs as we've been going past on the motorway many a time but we've always been on our way to somewhere else.

Back