• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried Matilda is hungry???

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
she gets fed, 1 and a half egg cups and a few bitd of veg/fruit and to much gives her a runny bum

but she steals food, and anything!!!! cookies, fly saucers, pizza,toast, haribo litrally anything she can get her teeth to!! its like she is starving!!! she will go to ANY lenths to get it!

Am i feeding her enough :/ none of my other rabbits do this :/

Is she eating enough hay?

If yes, she's just doing what bunnies do :lol: I have to watch my fingers when I hand-feed my bun, and if I'm eating he'll try and steal food off my plate. Theyre designed to eat constantly remember.

If she STOPS being hungry, then I'd worry.

eta- have you weighed her recently? Just to check she hasnt lost weight.

Is she eating enough hay?

If yes, she's just doing what bunnies do :lol: I have to watch my fingers when I hand-feed my bun, and if I'm eating he'll try and steal food off my plate. Theyre designed to eat constantly remember.

If she STOPS being hungry, then I'd worry.

eta- have you weighed her recently? Just to check she hasnt lost weight.

yea she has lots of hay, always make sure its a constant stream and shes put on weight, but she is a mini lop at 6 months, and learnt from 5 months onward they plump out, i was really worried she was to thin, they litrally over night she bulked out ! she is a devil tho! But i mean flying saucerss, what rrabbit like them :/ luckally she was only just biting the outside, ha im sure she wud have had a shock if she got to the tangy sherbert stuff aha!!

Are you going to get her spayed? She'll maybe calm down a bit then. Bless her, but sounds like she needs a lot of watching! :shock::love:

I think you're actually probably feeding her too much. She only needs roughly an egg cup (or less) of pellets a day.

Her behaviour is just bunny behaviour. They are sneaky, and cheeky and like to take advantage of anything and everything. I have some very healthy thieves in my midst.

I think you're actually probably feeding her too much. She only needs roughly an egg cup (or less) of pellets a day.

Her behaviour is just bunny behaviour. They are sneaky, and cheeky and like to take advantage of anything and everything. I have some very healthy thieves in my midst.

oo okay I will cut down on her food! Was thinking of buying her some more chewy treats, so if she has her own she might be less inclined to steal mine aha ! x

Are you going to get her spayed? She'll maybe calm down a bit then. Bless her, but sounds like she needs a lot of watching! :shock::love:

she has calmed down after those mad 3 days:/ no idea what she was on then, shes back to her normal self now :/ well apart from the stealing aha! just means evertime i leave my room i have to put her in her cage cos if shes left on her own shes into everythgin ha x

oo okay I will cut down on her food! Was thinking of buying her some more chewy treats, so if she has her own she might be less inclined to steal mine aha ! x

That won't work. :lol: They always want what they know they shouldn't have.

ahaha next option is to buy a safe! and lock all my food away from her aha x

I keep all food on the higher shelves of my bookcase or my chest of drawers, where nosy bunnies cant reach. Try and keep stuff out of her way, assume that if its where she can get it, she'll eat it. That way you wont have to confine her unnesscessarily :)

Back