• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wood based cat litter

Bobkins

New Kit
Right, I have bought some of this to try to (maybe;)) stop my girlie from chucking all her litter all over the place...:) I have also bought a couple of new litter trays from PAH, the ones with a sort of clip on rim which I though might help too.
My question is... Should I just put the cat litter in and then hay, or does it need Megazorb or wood shavings put on top..?

Thanks for any help...:D

I use a fine layer of hay, then wood pellet litter, then I put hay at one side of the litter tray for eating :)

Also works well with some newspaper underneath. I found that with just the pellets the litter slipped about the tray a wee bit....until it got a bit wet anyways :)

Just to add.... I have Wood shavings, Megazorb, Straw, Hay, Newspaper and Carefresh available...

I know people say not to use wood shavings for buns, but I would be tempted to use them below the litter to try to use up what I had about....In fact I would just use any of it under the litter. I have tried Megazorb before just on it's own but I found it got everywhere in the house!

Having gone to megazorb shortly after getting Mrs, I use it in litter trays only with newspaper.The rest of the hutch gets newspaper and loads of hay.

I now use just newspaper and hay but I used to use wood cat litter and put some inbetween the paper and the hay.

Back