• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothyhay.co.uk are now doing Oat hay

Sssshhh...my three will be super jealous & demanding this over there cheapo baled hay from the farm shop. I did have a peak, it looks lovely. It actually looks really similar to the green oat readigrass I do splash out on which is lovely quality.

Gosh it does look lovely :love: Although I think it's quite expensive I think I might be tempted because I know it would go down well. Trouble is they have still got nearly a full large pack of Ings and the OH has made them a lot of hay, still to be baled up, from here, so I don't know where I could store another 7kgs :lol: It certainly wouldn't fit on the hay shelf in their shed. I'm guessing that now it would be at it's very sweetest and freshest best though :roll:

Although I think it's quite expensive

It's actually a really good price! The burns green oat hay is £4.97 for a 900g bag. To get 6.3kg of the burns green oat hay would cost £34.79 and to get 7kg of it would mean 8 bags which would be £39.76. So £22 is really good value :thumb:

It's actually a really good price! The burns green oat hay is £4.97 for a 900g bag. To get 6.3kg of the burns green oat hay would cost £34.79 and to get 7kg of it would mean 8 bags which would be £39.76. So £22 is really good value :thumb:

Yes, I agree with you it is very good value compared to other green oat hay. I shall probably get some as it looks so wonderful.

Oh my goodness it smells so nice! I've been ridiculously excited about this ever since I ordered it :lol: Now it can be a regular thing rather than spending a fortune on the 900g bags as a treat every now and then!

I'll be ordering this on Tuesday evening so that it arrives Thursday when I work from home. Looks lush! I'm still in their 2013 timothy but the 2016 is looking great. I was hoping it had been a good hay year for them since Scotland had some cracking weather in the late spring/early summer. Looks like I'm not going to be disappointed!

Hiya, I usually change between ings hay and timothy hay and like the look of this one. However for the first time ever the last batch of Timothy hay (2014 he found a bag at the back apparently) has set off my sneezes badly and general allergy to dusty hay. Anyhooo is this oat hay dusty at all/anyone had any issues with this new oat hay? The ings I'm fine with and I'm usually fine with the Timothy hay from Timothyhay.co.uk but obviously not this batch and don't want to buy a big bag if oat hay if it's dusty at all (will stick with ings if that's the case)

I always order during an evening and it is despatched the following day; arriving the day after :D.

Cool, I ordered mine today. Their Timothy hay is great value too if it's as good as it looks :)

Well mine are still on the 2013 batch and they eat TONS of it every day - easily a litter tray full as a size guide. I've bought this hay exclusively for several years as it's the only hay they love, whatever batch we get.

Well mine are still on the 2013 batch and they eat TONS of it every day - easily a litter tray full as a size guide. I've bought this hay exclusively for several years as it's the only hay they love, whatever batch we get.

That's good to know. Mine love the Burgess and Nature's Own stuff but it's so expensive and only comes in tiny bags. I'll definitely give these guys a try, cheers bunny peoples :D

I keep bobbing back on to take another peak, it does look really lush. I'm lucky that mine eat cheapy hay but now I feel mean

I was so excited when I got home from work today to see it sat on my doorstep, opened it and I'm really underwhelmed with it :( it looks nice but smells of, nothing really :( By contrast I have a bag of burns green oat hay outside and it smells GORGEOUS. Have I just got a duff bag? :cry:

Back