• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The improbable foursome bond!!! Going well

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Whispers very quietly . . . . I THINK we have managed to bond a foursome finally!

What is so mega about it is that it includes a neutered male, an uneutered male and two neutered females (one very bossy) and we had to do it in a room that is Robinias as we have no other rabbit free space - so not ideal at all.

However we THINK it has worked:)

The uneutered male (Parsley) and one of the neutered females (Peaches) were already a close bond; the other neutered female (Robinia) was the sad widow of Teasal, whilst the unuetered male (Gooseberry) is new to us and has come from a situation where he was bullied by his brother.

The key to the whole group is Parsley (the uneuetered male) who is THE most easy going, friendly, open hearted, bouncy, non aggressive, only slightly sexed up, male bun EVER.

They seem to very slightly be in pairs but are happy to eat and mix together - its just that Peaches and Parsley are confident enough to come and lay by fire whilst Robinia has never really liked that, and Gooseberry (new male) hasn't the confidence yet.

But so far so good!

PS please don't post suggesting I neuter Parsley - he has irregular heart beat and although he survived two long ops on a broken leg we are NOT pushing our luck when he is so easy going anyway.:) ALL the other buns here are neutered so no chance of any 'accidents'

Last edited:
a silent yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D

(My 4 are bonding next week :shock: so its good to hear a positive story)

well done- i am going to try bond my two unneutered males to my three unneutered females that are bonded. I tried one of the girls outside the run and the other inside the run today which was successful. They were kissing through the fence- i watching bunnies bond with each other.

well done- i am going to try bond my two unneutered males to my three unneutered females that are bonded. I tried one of the girls outside the run and the other inside the run today which was successful. They were kissing through the fence- i watching bunnies bond with each other.

you are going to bond unneutered males with unneutered females????????

Think you might have got in a muddle here:) I am sure you can't mean that - you would end up with zillions of baby buns and a LOT of fights.

Lol they were unneutered lol- They have been neutered now- i think it's more than a month before i can try bonding them, but i better leave it slightly longer just to be on the safe side lol. The females will be neutered soon though so i'm not sure if i should wait until they have been done to try bonding. The first introduction through bars seemed fine though :)

Males can remain fertile post-neuter for up to 6 weeks some say so I would be careful if it has only been 4.
Parsnipbun's situation is unusual and she has very good reasons for introducing an unneutered bun into the group.
The general rule is to make sure ALL buns are neutered before attempting bonding - I really would wait until your girls are done and healed. Unspayed does can be extremely aggressive - I would not take that risk.

Back