• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Californians

they are beautiful. i know that you didn't ask for names, being very creative in that direction yourself but...
california made me think of 'california dreamin'' which made me think of dreamer and nursecroft. then i thought dreamer in greek so went to google - its too long and apart from ending in polos i can't remember it so not very catchy. tried french - that was ok. and german - not so bad. then, hindi.
asambhava kalpanā karanēvālā. its three words. that seemed like one each. unless of course, individually they mean something dodgy...:oops:

I just want to smoosh and cuddle them, but we are a long way off that yet when they won't even come within two feet of me :lol: thanks everyone for the replies... shameless plug, but three of their litter mates are still looking for homes if anyone is interested! Neutered vacc and microchipped!

Julie is one of my favourite bunnies on here, Calis are absolutely beautiful, I have always had a soft spot for REWs and it is such a shame that they are so overlooked, just look how stunning they are!

LeaAnne, they did joke and asked me to take all 6 at first :lol: I wish!!

And Happybun, I think we might go with Hindi/Gujarati names! I love your suggestions, but I have an aunt called Kalpana, so I don't think I can use that :lol:. So far we have Rani and Kali, but I also have some Boho names in mind!! 'Aspen' or 'Moonbear' ... or Phil for the boy! :lol:

Oh gosh they are all stunning aren't they! How lovely that you have been able to adopt a trio :love:

I suspect some of their terror may be down to poor eyesight, perhaps no 3 has even poorer than the other 2 so finds everything a bit more scary as she settles down. Fingers crossed they all settle fully soon, im sure they will have you wrapped around their little paws in no time :D

And Happybun, I think we might go with Hindi/Gujarati names! I love your suggestions, but I have an aunt called Kalpana, so I don't think I can use that :lol:. So far we have Rani and Kali, but I also have some Boho names in mind!! 'Aspen' or 'Moonbear' ... or Phil for the boy! :lol:

:oops::lol: oops! sorry, janak's aunt!:wave:
moonbear is lovely.

Thanks again guys :love: I spent a few hours with them this morning and they are already starting to become more trusting. some chopped banana and apple in hand and they were my best friend :lol: Bunny number 1 has realised how nice it is to have head rubs and kept nudging my hand every time I stopped :shock: I'm surprised how quickly they're beginning to trust me already.

Alison - I did think it may be because of her eyes because she does sway a lot as if she is focusing, but I think I know the real cause of it. I went in this morning to find fur everywhere, and it's become apparent that she's been scuffling with bunny number 1. no1 keeps thumping every time no3 approaches her and won't let her get to the food bowl :( I think they're still establishing their hierarchy, but no3 in the mean time keeps hiding in the hutch and not coming out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated from anyone that could help.

Would it be advisable to bring them inside so I can interact with them a little more, or to keep them outside in their enclosure until they start becoming more confident? I really want them to free range outside but I think it's too early as of yet.

they are beautiful, maybe take their space down a bit to rebond them as a group. I take it they are all neutered?

as for names why not name them after state parks in California?

Mandalay and Marina for the girls.
Monterey or Morro for the boy? :D

get rid of the bowls Jan and scatter feed :wave: it's probably just trying to establish who is boss in their new home so I'd leave them where they are for now, bringing them inside will mean there is more space they need to "claim" as their own :wave:

Back