• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snowball and bubbles - bonding has begun. new pics post 83

Looking good. I love that your bonding pen looked like mine after the first half hour. Lovely pile of fresh hay and then it scattered everywhere and the newspaper all over the place :lol: Well done for not losing your nerve, it's very scary isn't it? But it's going to be well worth it :D

:lol::lol:
half an hour? that was after 5 minutes :p;):lol:

It really is. I knew it would be rough, but I was terrified lol.
Loving seeing them together already :)

Ooh looks like its going really well :D:D:D

The first few hours are soooo terrifying, but it should calm down soon. Atleast theres been no proper fights which is a really good sign. Hopefully Snowball will get over his humpyness soon :roll::lol:

Good luck :wave:

It sure is, I am very pleased :)
Fingers crossed it stays like this :)

I hope so, bubbles can only be tolerant so long :lol: he's trying to head hump at times as well which is very scary (after what happened to one of the bunnies on here with his bits bitten off :()

Good luck il be watching this thread closly, im hoping to bond Kitten in a couple of weeks as well and im soooo looking forward to it x but will be glad of tips and your photos as some help Good luck again x

Good luck il be watching this thread closly, im hoping to bond Kitten in a couple of weeks as well and im soooo looking forward to it x but will be glad of tips and your photos as some help Good luck again x

Thank you :)
Good luck with your bond also :)

I'm sure I will make many mistakes, I have never bonded before :)

7.30 am
been in the pen together approx 2 hours.
both are drinking well and settled.
no chasing for about an hour.

they are sitting mainly separate, but will snuggle as well. bubbles groomed snowball for 2 or 3 minutes.
(which is a relief since she doesn't like banana so i had nothing to smear on his head for her to lick off if they needed a bit of help!)

Just waiting for snowball to groom back now.

Can't believe how well they are doing :D

Ooooo so far so good. Chasing is ok as long as they arent locking onto each other

It's looking really good :)
They have stopped chasing altogether now :D (well, for the time being at least ;))

I separated when they had their teeth out trying to bite each other, but just left them to it the rest of the time when they weren't biting. Is that right?

It's looking really good :)
They have stopped chasing altogether now :D (well, for the time being at least ;))

I separated when they had their teeth out trying to bite each other, but just left them to it the rest of the time when they weren't biting. Is that right?

Thats fine. Hope they dont get too hot in this heat, good thing you started early before it heats up. There are mixed views on this idea but maybe tomorrow put them in the carrier and take them for a short walk (maybe out the back and round to the front)

Thats fine. Hope they dont get too hot in this heat, good thing you started early before it heats up. There are mixed views on this idea but maybe tomorrow put them in the carrier and take them for a short walk (maybe out the back and round to the front)

I hope they don't get too hot as well.
It wasn't something I had considered :oops:

I shall give that a go tomorrow if all is still going well :)

Both nomming hay like mad right now, woohoo :D

Woohoo!!

Well pleased for you, Lucas, snowball and bubbles!!!

May it all continue!

Me too.
Glad I started before lucas woke up, he would have been very scared to see them chasing and biting each other!

And I doubt he would have appreciated seeing me sweating a waterfall either :lol:

I was so scared :oops:

rabbits sure do poo a lot don't they :shock:
never really noticed before, but now that they don't have a litter tray, there is poo everywhere. they've only been in there a few hours :shock:

It's going really good thank you :)
After the initial chasing, there has been nothing whatsoever, just sat together snuggling and ripping up newspaper :lol::lol:

Gonna select some toys and put them in, they both look bored. If it causes problems will take them out, but I doubt it will :)

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5248.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

the state of the pen!!!!!!!!
IMG_5252.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

Nicely trashed :lol::lol:

Glad its going well :D I cant wait to see them both together!

Nicely trashed :lol::lol:

Glad its going well :D I cant wait to see them both together!

they look so cute together :)
i'm very surprised to find that the rabbit i have been worrying about all day is bubbles - she's so much bigger than snowball, i thought it was him i'd worry about but it's not lol

Back