• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits on BBC 1 magic program

Yup - i had the same reply

Thank you for your e-mail regarding ‘The Magicians’ broadcast on 15 January.

We appreciate that you objected to the inclusion of rabbits as part of an act during the programme.

For every trick in ‘The Magicians’ involving an animal we used the services of Amazing Animals, a company with over three decades of experience supplying domestic, exotic and wild animals to the film, TV and event industries.

Through them the rabbits were sourced from a reliable breeder and returned to him at the end of the shoot. Amazing Animals took the rabbits into stock at their premises for approximately 21 days prior to the shoot, this was to handle them and get them used to a studio environment - they have their own in-house studio to do this. This was done to avoid any stress to the animals.

They were rehearsed in groups and are quite happy to be close to each other at this age. The rabbits were not housed in the props, they were only put there for a short period of time for the purpose of the show and they were under the supervision of three of Amazing Animals' full-time, experienced handlers.

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to share your views with us.

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Kind Regards

BBC Audience Services

So i just replied with this:

I received a response regarding a complaint i made and i am absolutely shocked that you think any rabbit breeder is reliable!!

There are 35,000 rabbits in rescues at this moment so to say that someone is reliable when bringing more into this society is ridiculous and irresponsible. The rabbits in rescue centres come from breeders such as this.

But then you'd already know this if you actually read my first complaint. The fact that i get a generic reply means you don't actually give a toss and really didn't consider my complaint at all.

I am a disgusted, dissatisfied and angry licence payer.

Shame on the BBC.

Last edited:
Yup - i had the same reply

We appreciate that you objected to the inclusion of rabbits as part of an act during the programme.

For every trick in ‘The Magicians’ involving an animal we used the services of Amazing Animals, a company with over three decades of experience supplying domestic, exotic and wild animals to the film, TV and event industries.

Through them the rabbits were sourced from a reliable breeder and returned to him at the end of the shoot. Amazing Animals took the rabbits into stock at their premises for approximately 21 days prior to the shoot, this was to handle them and get them used to a studio environment - they have their own in-house studio to do this. This was done to avoid any stress to the animals.They were rehearsed in groups and are quite happy to be close to each other at this age. The rabbits were not housed in the props, they were only put there for a short period of time for the purpose of the show and they were under the supervision of three of Amazing Animals' full-time, experienced handlers.

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Kind Regards

BBC Audience Services

:roll::shock:

Avoid Stress? DId you see the bunny?!?!?!? :(

So hey, lets take the bunny out of its environment, put it in a really loud and break scary room and then put it back after.

If thats not stressful, i duno what is.

The mind baffles :roll:

:roll::shock:

Avoid Stress? DId you see the bunny?!?!?!? :(

So hey, lets take the bunny out of its environment, put it in a really loud and break scary room and then put it back after.

If thats not stressful, i duno what is.

The mind baffles :roll:

It really sickened me. And my initial complaint was obviously ignored. :cry:

Dear Miss Brearley

Through them the rabbits were sourced from a reliable breeder and returned to him at the end of the shoot. Amazing Animals took the rabbits into stock at their premises for approximately 21 days prior to the shoot, this was to handle them and get them used to a studio environment - they have their own in-house studio to do this. This was done to avoid any stress to the animals.

They were rehearsed in groups and are quite happy to be close to each other at this age. The rabbits were not housed in the props, they were only put there for a short period of time for the purpose of the show and they were under the supervision of three of Amazing Animals' full-time, experienced handlers.

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Kind Regards

BBC Audience Services

Same reply here. Though it answers none the questions I had and doesn't resolve anything! :evil:

Same reply here. Though it answers none the questions I had and doesn't resolve anything! :evil:

It made me more furious tbh. The fact that i detailed certain things and these werent addressed, the things i did address what they brought up contradicted my comments and the fact that no thought whatsoever went into their generic response. :evil:

they never made any comments upon my complaints either, just same email respinse to no doubt everyone who complained :cry:

Back