• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick response needed on duvet

rachylou

Warren Veteran
As Jims has recently developed a sore hock we have been advised to use a duvet in his house to create a padding, I went and brought one from Tesco, it is a 10.5 tog will that be too hot for summer??!!

:lol: I think as long as he doesnt climb under it he'll be fine! I'd just keep an eye out if he's a chewer that he doesn't get at the wadding inside. You can buy vetbeds online that are washable and harder to chew (apparently, i think mine could chew through cast iron :lol:)

Hope Jims poorly hock is better soon :wave:

The only reason i don't buy big tog ones is cos they don't fit in our washing machine. :oops:

you cant beat the vet fleeces! lightweight and washable all different colours etc. they have them on Ebay quite reasonable :D :wave::wave::wave:

Jimby has the small vet beds as we use them in his travel box but he chews them to death so could not be trusted alone with them, which is a shame as they are so cosy! :roll:
Well I have put the duvet on for a wash as I dont like to use things that are new new as they may smell funny to him, he is used to our washing detergent :lol:

I keep considering fleeces but surely they just attract every single piece of hay and are a pain to clean?

you cant beat the vet fleeces! lightweight and washable all different colours etc. they have them on Ebay quite reasonable :D :wave::wave::wave:

Do you mean vetbed?

I prefer duvets. I can't get vetbed to fit in our washing machine and my Mum freaks if I even think about it. :roll:

Back