• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

putting my bunnies together?

dizzydi60

New Kit
I got a new baby bun on feb 14th at 10 weeks old, it turned out he was a little boy and i already had a girl so I was happy that my little girl may bond with him as she has never accepted female bunnies and always faught. I kept their cages right next to eachother for weeks until one day little gizmo got into daisys cage how i am not quite sure he is a right little escape artist. Anyway they seemed to bond right away licking eachothers heads etc but i could not keep them together as i did not want a litter so i had him fixed 10 days ago. yesterday i let them into the run together while i had my eye on them and he went right for her to mount her I removed him right away. so to get to my point....... How long should i keep him away from her for? and will he always still have the urge to mount here even with his bits removed?

When I got my little man "deballed" he had 5 weeks away from the doe. 3 weeks completely and then 2 weeks under strict supervision.

His hormones are still active for up to a month I believe.

Its bad to put them together too soon: (1) its bad for his health (2) if he's aggressive etc towards her she may never bond with him properly when the time is right.

Back