• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poorly rabbit. Needs some answers!

i can just assure you, that i have my rabbits health in best intrests, and i will be taking them to see someone, as i am still very young my self i do have alot to learn still, but as i have gone into breeding with my boyfriends dad, he has been breeding for many years, but hasnt come across this before.

Just one last question?
Would it be a good idea to destroy the cage they are living in now?

Jessiica. :?:

Hey Jess,

I'm not clued up on these things at all but think that you shouldn't let some ppls opinions stop you from posting on here for advice and stuff!!

You seem genuine to me and that you care for your bunnies, what more can anyone ask for?

I hope they get on ok at the vets and let us know how it goes xx

Hey Jess

Not sure what to say about the cage, you could disinfect it, but to be fair, we dont know if it is infectious yet, do we? It may be a hereditry problem which would have no affect on the cage..... I would avoid putting any rabbits in it for now until you know what it is though, and disinfect it while it is empty to prevent anything becoming air-born.

How many buns do you have?

Good luck

i Have 6 does and 2 buck's i do have all the papers for all of them.
i do take into consideration about peoples views.
i just would like some answers so that i can make the bunnies better.
we have never had any adult bunnies have this problem, we have had too small litters have this problem for completely diffrent parents.

Two litters?

Can you give me info on how old they were when they started getting ill and dying and how many maybe?

Im not judging you, just ask me the question and I will use my brain for you, lol!

they are between 6-8 weeks.
they go down hill so quickly within about 3-4 days. one minute they will be hopping around, the next they will be lifeless. :cry:
They are still all eating and drinking. so surely they cant be in pain?
they go one by one.
i have wanted to come on here before. but scared of being judged.!

:(

they are between 6-8 weeks.
they go down hill so quickly within about 3-4 days. one minute they will be hopping around, the next they will be lifeless. :cry:
They are still all eating and drinking. so surely they cant be in pain?
they go one by one.
i have wanted to come on here before. but scared of being judged.!

:(

I suspect you have Coccidiosis on site :cry:

I would get the sick babies to a Vet tomorrow as they will require treatment if you are to stand any chance of saving them.

*If* it is coccidiosis then I would destroy the hutch. The only disinfectant that will kill Coccidia spores is Jeyes Fluid which of course needs to be used with extreme caution on Rabbit accomodation.

Please DO NOT mate up any more Rabbits until you have the disease outbreak identified.

Back