• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

phone call...update .. OMG what a state

OMG what an awful day . buns are here :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:
not a nice story .
will update in a mo . got a tombola stall to raise funds in morning just loading stuff .

well they are here . 9 bunnies all so well developed we cant tell which are the parents :shock: so much for 7 babies .
1 bun has an ulcerated eye.
1 bun has a sore front foot.
1 bun is bleeding ..possibly because it has recently given birth ... but no babies :cry:
1 bun has milk but no babies :cry:
1 bun is almost bare of fur on its back end .
other 4 dont look too bad but smell and are thin .

4 females , 5 males .

with a view to the condition of these buns and what we were told by the person who brought them (a bystander who has stepped in to help) and the fact that the person kept 5 buns ......i have contacted the RSPCA
i am very concerned for the welfare of the other 5 buns she wouldnt part with .

i am phisically and emotionaly exhausted . you just dont want to know where i have put the poor things .

ohh and while i remember ...all 9 buns had been kept together in a pet shop bought crappy hutch no more than 5 ft by 18 ins by 18 ins :cry: :evil:

i realy have had enough for one day :evil:

Angie

i have dreamt about buns squased together in a filthy hutch all night .
i hope the other 5 are ok . cant help worrying about them :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh, Angie that sounds awful, its unbelievable how cruel some people are. I'd help but I can't think where I could put another bunny. Including Penny and the babies, we now are looking after 12, but let me know if you are desperate.

thanx for that .
weve managed to settle them for now . hutches arent great (2 i wouldnt normaly even use for piggies ). but what the hell ....better than what they re used to .
four of them are in surprizingly good condition although they do smell .
its been difficult as we have had to split them all into singles for now . for several reasons , medical, mating, and fighting .

sounds awful, poor things, good luck with them. I wonder where the baby buns are? are the RSPCA going to visit her? I do hope so, they may be able to get the remainder of the buns off her.

You have done a great job, well done xxx

apparantly RSPCA have been before .

but yes they are going out with a view to removing them this time .

the woman was in the car when they were dropped off and she was crying ..... :shock: :shock: :?

bunnymadhouse said:
apparantly RSPCA have been before .

but yes they are going out with a view to removing them this time .

the woman was in the car when they were dropped off and she was crying ..... :shock: :shock: :?

I hope she is prevented from keeping any more animals!

How are all the bunnies today? I wish I lived closer, I have lots of spare emergency hutches and I could have taken a couple of buns for you. Good luck x

They seem ok .
not eating much though.

i think the one who is bleeding ...we have named her Amber... is perhaps the older female . She is a bit bigger and looks more mature . her nails are very long .... manicure time later i think :wink:

bunnymadhouse said:
They seem ok .
not eating much though.

i think the one who is bleeding ...we have named her Amber... is perhaps the older female . She is a bit bigger and looks more mature . her nails are very long .... manicure time later i think :wink:

you have got your work cut out for you then for the next wee while! take all the help you can get :wink:

ohh and while i remember ...all 9 buns had been kept together in a pet shop bought crappy hutch no more than 5 ft by 18 ins by 18 ins

oh my god!!The poor mites!! My hutch is 4ftx18x18 with a 4ft square run underneath they have access to all day by a ladder, and now I'm working on getting the 2 bonded together again I was thinking "should I get a bigger hutch, is that big enough?"

To have 9 in 5ftx18x18 is appaling!!

just checked Amber and the bleeding has stopped...
her nails are realy long and curled to the side . tried to cut them but was getting upset so decided to leave her a couple of days .

i feel so sorry for her .
i wonder if she keeps looking for her babies :cry:

i bet they got thrown out with the rubbish . :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh god

feel so sorry for her .
i wonder if she keeps looking for her babies

i bet they got thrown out with the rubbish .

Oh god. I can't even say anything else. Just oh my god. :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil:

awww ang well done to you :thumb: gosh how heartbreaking fo ryou to see this, and im sure this is a regular occurance to you rescues. i take my hat off to you you are so strong.

im sorry to laugh but it was really funny how you said you were off to dig a hole for yourself.

i have my fingers crossed that all these buns get back to health asap. im sure they will.

OMG I can barely believe any of them managed to survive this... :cry:

You're doing a fantastic job and it sounds like thankfully this woman may well be seriously dealt with.

AMETHYST

Oh my God!

Ang, I wish i could help (although that could be difficult from across the pond :lol:) I hope all of the buns get well soon. Poor Amber :cry: You're doing a great job, keep it up! I hope none of the girlies are preggers!

Hang in there!

God, I'm so glad you've at least got 9 of them

Poor Amber :cry:

Stay strong Ange for their sakes, you're doing a brilliant job :)

OMG! Poor bunnies, lucky they are with you and hopefully the RSPCA will rescue the rest of them :cry:
Just thinking, if she's still got 5 could the babies of amber's be with another bunny mum? Do they nest together?

Back