• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Old rabbit angry behaviour

Vodka219

New Kit
Hi, i have a female (10yrs old) rabbit. She has always been the calm, sometimes little tinker one, loved cuddling/stroking. Even when i took her to the vet on December she was trustful. And lately, she started attacking me. Whenever she's on the ground i can't put my hand near her. When i feed her she attacks my hand, when i go for a pet, she jumps on my hand and grumps... idk what to do now... cuz even tho she's old she completely changed behaviour and became this energetic chaotic angry one. She hasn't been sterilized, but isn't it too late for that? ;((

She needs a vet check to determine if she is getting hormonal from a physical
problem or a different reason. She may have tumors in her female organs that may be impacting her behavior. Sending vibes for your girl.

She needs a vet check to determine if she is getting hormonal from a physical
problem or a different reason. She may have tumors in her female organs that may be impacting her behavior. Sending vibes for your girl.
I am thinking the same. There will be a reason why she has suddenly changed her behaviour.

What was the health issue in December which necessitated the vet visit?

Hoping that a treatable cause can be established.

Maybe she has lost her sight so defends herself when approached or could have lost her sense of smell so she doesn't recognise you.

I am thinking the same. There will be a reason why she has suddenly changed her behaviour.

What was the health issue in December which necessitated the vet visit?

Hoping that a treatable cause can be established.
She had keratitis

Maybe she has lost her sight so defends herself when approached or could have lost her sense of smell so she doesn't recognise you.
That's what i've been thinking.. but why she attacking my hand when i give her the bowl with food? She knows it's food..

Back