• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noah & Teddy's abscesses U/D p86 doing well & feeling positive

Thank you everyone for your messages of support, vibes & hugs - they really do mean a lot.

Kay please don't apologise for not being in touch - I've struggled for time to contact you & I know you've more than enough on your own plate with the rescue. Things have been that busy at work for me & then then with things here, the days & weeks just seem to flippin whizz by :oops: We will catch up soon I know.

I've just re-done both Teddy's & Noah's abscesses tonight - Teddy went nuts on me :cry: It must be excruitiating for him the poor love. It's swollen up again despite it being lanced, but the swelling is hard now - probably from me squeezing it :cry:

Noah's seems less swollen but there's still a load of pus come out & I've managed to pull a load of pus down his actual ear that was attached to dried honey! He's so tolerant of me doing it, it's taken me by surprise - particularly because he won't take meds orally :? On the upside - last night jumped on the bed for loves & cuddles, which he's not done for a few nights. I woke up this morning at 6am with him kissing my face :love:

I guess we just count each day as a blessing with them & hope by some chance they bounce back.

Thanks again everyone xxx

How at the brave boys going on now, Denise?

I'm sorry Alison I missed this :oops: I've not been around much over the last few days & keep meaning to update their thread :oops: Thank you for asking :)

I am pleased to say at the moment both boys are doing ok :) I don't think they're out of the woods completely, but I do feel more positive & our vet is happy with how they are both doing :)

I've been flushing them out daily & filling with manuka honey - it's had a brilliant effect. No more pus is coming out at the moment & their wounds are healing well :) We've changed their antibiotics to Streptacare & for now it seems to be keeping the infection at bay - fingers crossed it keeps it at bay for a good while longer yet :)

Both Noah & Teddy are very well in themselves & are eating for England - I can't believe how different I feel about them to a couple of weeks ago :) I had convinced myself we would lose them both before too much longer, but now I feel they are fighting so hard, they don't plan on giving up anytime soon - we'll keep fighting for as long as they want to :)

I'll try to get some pics of them both over the next few days :love:

Wonderful news. I hope the treatment keeps on top of things for a long time to come. Re: missing the question on the thread - I realised you hadn't been around but saw you were this evening. I'm so pleased they are doing better.:love::love:

Back