• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my foraging diary

wow the sheep are lovely, i dont know what wild mint looks like can someone take some pics for me pretty please. Omi i hope your back on top form soon, at least the buns still have their forage like you said. ive been trying to grow mint but nothings happening lol..

I'll take some pics of the cut mint in the morning - before it gets scoffed. :lol:

Sending wishes for a speedy recovery, Omi. Feeling restricted is the worst. Never mind fighting your own body. Still, hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end.

I took these and then almost forgot to post them. :oops: Sorry it's only the cut ones; I don't have the energy to go take photos of it in "the wild". :( It smells amazing - and needless to say, this lot has already disappeared!

P1070016_zpseequimzq.jpg

P1070030_zpslsoajagc.jpg

I can't find wild mint :(

Chatting to a dog walker today who showed a lot of interest in what forage I had, reckons her daughter would be up for foraging for her bunny. After I had bored her to death showing her my collection I volunteered to drop my foraging for rabbits book off ...damn I'll never get it back but at least a local domestic bunny will benefit .

Chatting to a dog walker today who showed a lot of interest in what forage I had, reckons her daughter would be up for foraging for her bunny. After I had bored her to death showing her my collection I volunteered to drop my foraging for rabbits book off ...damn I'll never get it back but at least a local domestic bunny will benefit .

Why not drop off a load of forage instead?

I'm always interested in keeping in touch with bunny folk (e.g. those I've rehomed bunnies to) because I love enriching those bunnies' lives as much as I can :lol:

Why not drop off a load of forage instead?

I'm always interested in keeping in touch with bunny folk (e.g. those I've rehomed bunnies to) because I love enriching those bunnies' lives as much as I can :lol:

I may leave my phone number in case she wants me to walk her through some basic ID (I'd love that) - I think its better to enable her to forage herself :) I didn't get the impression mum lived with daughter - she'd be late to fly the nest if she did :lol:x

I may leave my phone number in case she wants me to walk her through some basic ID (I'd love that) - I think its better to enable her to forage herself :) I didn't get the impression mum lived with daughter - she'd be late to fly the nest if she did :lol:x

Then you can come down here and walk me through some basic ID :lol:

First we'd have to find somewhere with something to ID :shock::lol:

Then you can come down here and walk me through some basic ID :lol:

First we'd have to find somewhere with something to ID :shock::lol:

In that case it'd make more sense to come here ;) It must be frustrating not getting much, I really can't imagine. Most houses round here have about six types growing through cracks in paving :lol:

[/B]
In that case it'd make more sense to come here ;) It must be frustrating not getting much, I really can't imagine. Most houses round here have about six types growing through cracks in paving :lol:

Well I did tell you that my neighbour was growing herb robert on his front gravel. When I asked you if I could steal it you said no! :lol:

Well, I failed to collect any fresh leaves this afternoon as I had a massive headache when I got in from work and fell asleep for a bit. So, I've just got back in from the pouring rain where I've been picking by torchlight.... :lol:

Well, I failed to collect any fresh leaves this afternoon as I had a massive headache when I got in from work and fell asleep for a bit. So, I've just got back in from the pouring rain where I've been picking by torchlight.... :lol:

I just hope you have an appreciative Hector :) They'll be very clean leaves :)

Oh I'm sorry! I found another huge patch of wild mint today.

If anyone's ever in my neck of the woods, I'd be happy to go foraging for it with you. :)

ive been today, mine are loving the new growth of ground elder and i dries fairly fast too, vetch is a favorite of everybun, These 2 new buns eat anything lol.. they are now fully on pellets and off the muesli, i need lots more forage to dry now though im going through loads of it.

I'm going to have a huge collection this weekend for winter supplies.

Willow
Brambles
Plantain
Dandelions
Willow Bay herb
Hawthorn
Wild rose petals
Strawberry leaves

Not much else here at the moment.

ID help please - I'm not hopeful about photo one

IMG_4117_zpsfu2bn8bh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This grew well at the start of foraging season & is having a second go. It looks more silvery as it gets older. The plant in this photo has gone curly just because its obviously a fast drier

IMG_4118_zps5ggtgswc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_4117_zpsfu2bn8bh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This grew well at the start of foraging season & is having a second go. It looks more silvery as it gets older. The plant in this photo has gone curly just because its obviously a fast drier

IMG_4118_zps5ggtgswc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have the first one in my garden but I don't know what it is.

Omiiiiiii :wave:

IMG_4117_zpsfu2bn8bh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_4118_zps5ggtgswc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The 2nd one is Silverweed. Goes down well here!

Back