• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How did you think of your bunny's names?

Berri- Short for Blackberri becuause she's black
Ebony- She's black too
Pebble- Took a very long time, searched many websites trying to find the perfect name, then it just popped into my head one day :)

beckiboo186 said:
xEMMAx said:
beckiboo186 said:
Tilly-May - Theres a really freaky story behind this!!

You can't just leave it at that Becki! What's the story?? :lol: :lol:

Sorry .. It's not actually that amazing :oops: In the car on the way back from getting Till (little baby Tilly!!) she didnt have a name, so I said, What shall we call her .. and at the exact second, Me, Dad & Kate all looked at her and just went 'Tilly' :shock: Which was pretty weird, but the scariest thing is, we found out that elaine was a forum lady and had a website, so we had a look, and Tills was still on it .... called Tilly!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ... Then the 'May' part came a few days later :lol: X

Omg!! :eek: That is freaky!! Pretty cool though :D Hehe!
Sorry for delay... forgot I'd asked about this :oops: :lol:

When I got my bun she was called Vera, well sorry to all the Veras out there but I had to change it and I used to have a Pippa doll when I was little and it suited her.

MJ came named MJ and it suits him and he knows his name and by the time I'd adopted him I'd called him MJ so many times it would have felt odd calling him anything else.

Casper (RIP): he was a white lop with deep blue eyes! Like the little ghost.
Benji: he just looked like a Benji as it was the first name that popped into my head immediately when I saw him.
Pippa: OH came up with her name as I didn't know what to call her. Suits her nicely though.
Sunny: because he has a really cheerful sunny personality.
Toby (RIP): he just looked like a Toby...
Charlie: she is a butterfly lionhead and has a black moustache like Charlie Chaplin...
Apollo (RIP): being a white British Giant he needed a "big" name...
Angel: I knew from the start that she wasn't going to be an angel... and I was right... :lol:
Magic: He was (and still is) the cutest little bunny ever with his long flowing and fluffy hair... just magic to look at... :D
Lancelot (RIP): another big bunny needed a big name... OH came up with this one.
Star (RIP): she was a wild bunny with a white start shaped mark on her forehead.
Alaska: he is white and fluffy... like snow... and there is plenty of that in Alaska... :)
Dakota: a big unusual name was needed for Dakota and when I found it it really suited her.
Trystan: Another big bunny name. I adopted him as a baby boy bunny... has in the meantime turned into a girl, but the name stays... :shock: :D It suits her! :wink:

kayjay said:
When I got my bun she was called Vera, well sorry to all the Veras out there but I had to change it and I used to have a Pippa doll when I was little and it suited her.

MJ came named MJ and it suits him and he knows his name and by the time I'd adopted him I'd called him MJ so many times it would have felt odd calling him anything else.

Don't blame you for not wanting to call a rabbit Vera... I wouldn't want to either... :lol:

Vera :wink:

Gus because my first rabbit was called Augustus (after a project on romans) and i thought Gus would suit him

Lola - came with the name and it suits her - although my work colleagues say it suits her as she's a fat slapper (how offensive!)

Frida - after Frida Kahlo - and her future boyfriend (wherever he is) will be called Diego

Bracken - came with the name but it does suit her

Gizmo & Gideon & Snowflake piggies are all rescued and all came with the names - i never change them

LurcherGirl said:
kayjay said:

Don't blame you for not wanting to call a rabbit Vera... I wouldn't want to either... :lol:

Vera :wink:

oops sorry :oops: :lol:

It's a beautiful name, but not for a bunny I don't think, but for a person, what a lovely beautiful classic name :wink: :lol:

When I got my rabbit he was incredibly tiny. He would literally fit into the palm of your hands. My boyfriend at the time kept saying he was a 'mini me' (as in Mini Me from the Austin Powers movies). The boyfriend (now an ex) named him Austin as a result.

Funny thing is Austin has grown up to actually be quite big :lol:

Teddy as he is brown and cuddly... Just like Teddy bears

Bertie as in Bertie Bassett as he is black

Benji my sister chose and it just suits him

Sofia a pretty name for a pretty girly

Anastacia (Ana for short) another one of my sisters ideas but its a princess name :)

Bundle because the OH said she looked like a bundle of fluff when we got her, and Weedie was already called Weed when we got him and I used to have a dog called Weedie so I kept it! :D

Hester: Was in a book
Lavender: My cousin named her
Plum: To go with her brother duff now at the bridge, my mum named them
Wilbur: from a book
Flora: Already had it
Jasmine: Wanted soemthing to go with Flora
Dash: Cause he half wild and super fast
Scooter: Same reason as Dash
Eva: As in hitlers girlfriend (don't ask me why)
Pan: actual name is pantelamon, from a book
Stitch: Ali named him
Scarlett: Cause it's beautiful and so is she
Rex: Dunno just popped into my head
Molly: Already had it
Iris: Already had it
Arthur: Named after my grandad and it went with iris
Max: Alreadu had it
Bootz: Cause she's a bossy bootz!
Grace: Just suited her
Will: Cause it went with Grace and we used to have Jack now at the bridge
Delilha: from the bible story samson and delilha
Samson: Same as delilha
Ron: Already had it
Tilly: Already had it

I could list all the bridge bunnies as well but there are about 25 of em

Maggie-She was VERY matted when I got her 'Matted Maggie'
Old Bill- He was found by the Police!!
Lara- She is very petty and I think Lara is a pretty name
Freya-I like the mname
Fred- He is Freya's son and it goes with Freya
Jessica- She looks like one
Danny-named after a Vet
Gordon Bennet- Thats what my friend said when she saw him on RR
Aisliing-I like the name
Norman-EVERYONE needs a Norman!!
Esme-It suits her
Jake-He is a Caster Rex like my dear Jack(RIP) so sort of named after him
Cerys-She came from Wales
Sarah-It suits her
Hal- My handsome Orange Rex 'Handsome Hal'
Liberty (Libby)- A LONG STORY....... :roll:
Inspector Morse- Cos thats what I wanted to call him!!
Chloe- I like the name
Rodney- A character in 'Only Fools and Horses'
Maya-It suits her
Zack- It suits him
Michael- I like the name
Milly- She looks like a 'Milly'
Ned- It suits him
Bernie- She was called 'Bernard' but then 'she' became a 'he' and so I called her Bernadette -Bernie for short
Miss Bunny-Penny-DUNNO but it makes people laugh
Flynn-Named after another Bunny I had called FINN (Huckle-Bunny Finn)
Major Tom-Cos he is a true brave Soldier
Muirne-Another Irish name I like
Katie-It suits her
Leo-Just a name that came into my head
William- DITTO
Martha-I like the name
Nomad-Named by SparkleFairy
Eddie-After a singer no-one on here will know. Yep the singer is called EDDIE RABBIT!!
Lizzie-cos she is always so busy!!
Felicity-Named after a Vet
Murphy-It suits him
Tess-Ditto
Stanley- he was found wandering down 'Stanley Road' in Teddington

Janex

Barney-originally Cadiz but my Nottingham mouth couldn't get the hang of it and always wanted a Barney! and I just knew Barney was my Barney (if that makes sense)
Roxy-(bit more interesting) Went travelling round New Zealand in a van which had an R in the reg so I called her Roxy. Then when I saw Rachel/Roger :lol: , on RU I just new she was a Roxy too and the name reminds me of my adventures (damn that was a good van).

Jack's-Jane said:
Maggie-She was VERY matted when I got her 'Matted Maggie'
Old Bill- He was found by the Police!!
Lara- She is very petty and I think Lara is a pretty name
Freya-I like the mname
Fred- He is Freya's son and it goes with Freya
Jessica- She looks like one
Danny-named after a Vet
Gordon Bennet- Thats what my friend said when she saw him on RR
Aisliing-I like the name
Norman-EVERYONE needs a Norman!!
Esme-It suits her
Jake-He is a Caster Rex like my dear Jack(RIP) so sort of named after him
Cerys-She came from Wales
Sarah-It suits her
Hal- My handsome Orange Rex 'Handsome Hal'
Liberty (Libby)- A LONG STORY....... :roll:
Inspector Morse- Cos thats what I wanted to call him!!
Chloe- I like the name
Rodney- A character in 'Only Fools and Horses'
Maya-It suits her
Zack- It suits him
Michael- I like the name
Milly- She looks like a 'Milly'
Ned- It suits him
Bernie- She was called 'Bernard' but then 'she' became a 'he' and so I called her Bernadette -Bernie for short
Miss Bunny-Penny-DUNNO but it makes people laugh
Flynn-Named after another Bunny I had called FINN (Huckle-Bunny Finn)
Major Tom-Cos he is a true brave Soldier
Muirne-Another Irish name I like
Katie-It suits her
Leo-Just a name that came into my head
William- DITTO
Martha-I like the name
Nomad-Named by SparkleFairy
Eddie-After a singer no-one on here will know. Yep the singer is called EDDIE RABBIT!!
Lizzie-cos she is always so busy!!
Felicity-Named after a Vet
Murphy-It suits him
Tess-Ditto
Stanley- he was found wandering down 'Stanley Road' in Teddington

Janex

:shock: :shock: :shock:

m
xx

Ginger
Jacob
Shadow
Sam
Cindy
Flopsy
Max
Molly
Peter
Bilbo
Bluebell
Crackers
Jenny
Jerry - all named when I got them

Charlie - called Chewy when he arrived but thought that might be asking for problems!! :lol:
Laikin - Baby bun found wandering around the garden - her name means Lost Treasure
Lenny
Harry
Starr
Mac - AKA The Beatles - Hubby came up with the idea and then we just bunnyfied the name a bit!
Velvet - soft and black
Bella - She just looks like one
Daisy-May - She's an agouti bun so looks wild and free like the daisy
Effie - friend named her
Jess - my Jessica Rabbit

My own permanent buns

Rufus..the name just popped into my head as soon as I saw him

Daisy..I wanted to call her Doris..but youngest son said "you can't call her that..what about Daisy?" He won :D

Thistle got her from RSPC where I was told she was very aggressive....she wasn't just frightened..did struggle when held and so scratched..hence Thistle.

Bran (RIP)..he had been named Grommit but it didn't suit him..a gentle old thing..Bran just seemed right.

Crosby.(RIP).named after my fathers favourite singer Bing Crosby

Fern..was called Isabella but a bit of a mouth full to call..so Fern suited her as she is a plain looking agouti (must point out I think she's beautiful :D )

Shady..youngest son wanted to call him Spanner :shock: he's black so I quickly suggested him Shady..this time I won! :D

Smirnoff - I like vodka
Joey - I like friends. He was lucky - Ex wanted to call him ICE :shock:
Chocolate - I like chocolate
Cracker - food theme
Caramel (RIP) - food theme
Sugar & Spice - named when i got them, but continued food theme
Alex - Was Alice when i got "him" :shock: Vet changed name!!
Barley - Ex picked it. There was a bun in a Rescue I liked at the time called Harley, so Barley it was !
Calel - I am going to BE Mrs Brandon Routh
Treacle - named when i got her, continued food theme.

Rosie, Polly, Alfie, Flint - all named when i got them from Rescues

Pickle as it was a nickname by boyfriend used to give me
Lillie because of Picklillie!? Thought that would go quite nice

The next girlie bunny is going to be Daisy, not sure why and a fella bunny...? Dunno, any ideas? Can't think of anything that goes with Daisy now! :lol: :lol:

Crystal - She came with her name, and there just wasn't another to suit her.

Smokey - Orginally Misty when i thought HE was a SHE becuase of his colouring his full name is Smoke-fred

Pebbles - she has dashes of grey on her that look like pebbles hence teh name :lol:

Scarlett - Just came to me!!!

Ruby - Was orginally called Lil dude :roll: but i changed it to Ruby for the colour of her eyes

Bindi - i saw Bindi born, and her sibling killed by her mummy, she was/is so special. It tooth me a while to think up a name but i am a BIG Steve Irwin fan...so mum says Bindi and Bindi it stuck. She really has grown into it and got herself some nicknames through it. Like Bindi Bop!!! :lol:

Maya was named by my beloved ex boyfriend, James. James was a book addict and when i told him i was bringing another bun home he asked to call him Maya. Something about a character in the book. I won't change it now. Hes got usedto it and it suits him!!

Back