• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hatton Country World Selling Bunnies :o(

I think they always have sold rabbits - the extras from their cuddle corner; what is new is the fancy cages and the high profile.
What is even worse is Henley market which is really close too - they auction rabbits for only a few pounds each, their license says only for meat but people bring their pets to sell:evil::evil::evil:

The contrast in price is amazing - Hatton charging £40 and Henley flogging them for a couple of quid just down the road. Lets hope no one will pay their prices and they will learn their mistake. And it sounds like they might get loads of grief too. Maybe they will learn the error of their ways if enough people complain/

I've heard that before about Henley - its just so wrong and disturbing :cry::cry:

I've just seen on the news that Henley Market held its last market ever today as it is going to be replaced with houses:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-13059840

Lets hope thats good news for the rabbits.

Sorry to hijack the thread as its about Hatton Country World - but as it was mentioned on this thread and has been on my mind, I thought I would post.

Oh lets hope so!!! I have a friend in Henley, I will ask her to check :wave: I'm not able to get over to Hatton this weekend but hopefully next weekend I will go see the store and call the centre management too before I go.

Oh lets hope so!!! I have a friend in Henley, I will ask her to check :wave: I'm not able to get over to Hatton this weekend but hopefully next weekend I will go see the store and call the centre management too before I go.

Half the Henley Market stalls are moving to Stoneleigh Market, so some may just shift over there :( Should have read it properly before posting.

I was going to wish you luck for tomorrow Julia, but I'll wait til next week instead.

I think its vile what Hatton are doing.

Half the Henley Market stalls are moving to Stoneleigh Market, so some may just shift over there :( Should have read it properly before posting.

I was going to wish you luck for tomorrow Julia, but I'll wait til next week instead.

I think its vile what Hatton are doing.

Vile indeed, and vile for Stonleigh too :cry: I'm hoping to have a free day towards the end of next week, its been one thing after another this week!

I am also very shocked and discusted, has anyone informed the RSPCA yet? As I do work for the RSPCA, I have one of their cards which I show at other pet shops when I see buns without hay. It works every time and they are given hay by very red faced individuals.

If needs be, I will make the trip there myself and make a lot of noise in the store, I am not ashamed or embarrased about the fact that I am there to point out the failings.

Vile indeed, and vile for Stonleigh too :cry: I'm hoping to have a free day towards the end of next week, its been one thing after another this week!

Its difficult isnt it when you are so busy. I'm sure you will get over there as soon as you can. I wish I could do more but am a bit stuck at the moment. Its on my to do list to write a letter though.

I am also very shocked and discusted, has anyone informed the RSPCA yet? As I do work for the RSPCA, I have one of their cards which I show at other pet shops when I see buns without hay. It works every time and they are given hay by very red faced individuals.

If needs be, I will make the trip there myself and make a lot of noise in the store, I am not ashamed or embarrased about the fact that I am there to point out the failings.

Be happy to have your help! An RSPCA card could work wonders! If you can make a trip I can meet with you and we can formulate a plan! Its about 40 mins from me.

Sounds like you could help a lot. :)

Its difficult isnt it when you are so busy. I'm sure you will get over there as soon as you can. I wish I could do more but am a bit stuck at the moment. Its on my to do list to write a letter though.

I just wish there were more hours in the day! Been a difficult few week and I'm playing catch up, I will definately go though! If Bungle Bunny and I can work together then that will help!

Be happy to have your help! An RSPCA card could work wonders! If you can make a trip I can meet with you and we can formulate a plan! Its about 40 mins from me.

Me and OH can get there tomo afternoon, we cant come on Sat as we have to pick up the kids. Do you think you could do tomorrow? We will be coming from Bedford

Me and OH can get there tomo afternoon, we cant come on Sat as we have to pick up the kids. Do you think you could do tomorrow? We will be coming from Bedford

I cant make tomorrow as I have a days work scheduled (work for myself) How about next week, I should be free Thurs, Fr, sat, sun?

I am talking with OH about it, I think we will go tomorrow, you could then go back next week and check up on them.

Does anyone know if they actually sell hay in this place? If not. we will take some with us and make a bit of a scene by trying to give them some there and then

I am talking with OH about it, I think we will go tomorrow, you could then go back next week and check up on them.

Does anyone know if they actually sell hay in this place? If not. we will take some with us and make a bit of a scene by trying to give them some there and then

Yes, they have bags of it, different sizes ans types for sale along with the tiny hutches

Sounds like a plan. Keep me posted on what happens, juliawestwood@hotmail.co.uk I can then contact the centre management with a 'report' from yours and Theo's findings and take it from there. Massive thanks to you for your support! Am thinking the 'very popular' centre really don't need such bad publicity......... which may be the way to go with this.

Hi all

I rang the RSPCA this morning to check out all my facts before heading off. I have been advised that they are informing an instector who will be paying the shop a formal vist. Apparently I will be contacted to let me know what happens. In the mean time, I have been trying to make a complaint on the phone but no one is answering it at present.

Anyone who is passing should go in and make a complaint to the staff, the more the better. Let us know if you do and what responses you get.

I dont want to mess myself up by going there talking about the RSPCA without making sure that I could quote all the right things.

We will be heading off to Lincolnshire tomorrow to show the kids the new house we have bought so it wont take me too long to go on to the centre if there are no reports of any improvements by then.

Anyone local?? Please pop in and report back if you can.

Back