• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fuzzy needs another GA, He's Ok, but the results aren't good

Poor Fuzzy :( I wonder if he'd like porridge if it was flavoured with some sort of herby puree? Does he seem to like any herbs at all?
Maybe grating up apple and carrot then pureeing it and mixing that with pellets that have been ground up?
Hmmm I shhall think of more menu options for the poor little lad.
I know you've had such a time of it Liz, but I really do believe these bunnies come to you for a reason, they may not have long but they have happiness and love and care with you.
You are their Angel :love::love::love:

My Maya has elongated tooth roots and her pain is well controlled on a combination of a Metacam and Vetergesic.

I have also had Buns in the final stages of Dental Disease who have been much more comfortable on a combination of a Corticosteroid and an abx ( Dexamethasone and Baytril). Obviously the steroid was only used as the last resort option and most definately gave better pain relief than Metacam.

I hope Fuzzy will have a good bit of time remaining with you :)

Poor Fuzzy :( I wonder if he'd like porridge if it was flavoured with some sort of herby puree? Does he seem to like any herbs at all?
Maybe grating up apple and carrot then pureeing it and mixing that with pellets that have been ground up?
Hmmm I shhall think of more menu options for the poor little lad.
I know you've had such a time of it Liz, but I really do believe these bunnies come to you for a reason, they may not have long but they have happiness and love and care with you.
You are their Angel :love::love::love:

Thanks Faye, I shall tell Fuzzy tomorrow that his Autie Faye is thinking up nice meals for him :D

I have had so many dental bunnies and have never had one with root problems so young, he is 18months old :( I have also not known one to go from eating normal carrot one day to only being able to eat mush the next day on strong pain relief :?

I'm so sorry that it wasn't more positive. I'm very glad he is with you though (even though it sucks for you) because he is going to get the best care and I am sure that his remaining time will be so special for him. I'm sorry you are going to have to go through this though. What a nightmare, I just wish I had something useful to add.

Thanks Sky-O

Fuzzy is now home and it sounds like they have spoilt him rotten :)

When I rang this morning they said he was munching greens, I said he had never eaten greens before. Turns out it was waitrose spinach and rocket salad! Apparently he loves it, and now that Fuzzy gets what Fuzzy wants, we will be off to the supermarket later today. I just hope none of the other bunnies realise what he is getting :lol::lol::lol:

Awwww sorry to read this, Zippy has ss soaked in warm water and diced veg she manages ok with that :D

Ha Ha, lucky Fuzzy :D Sounds like he has expensive tastes :D

I just bought some rocket and baby spinach and Eddie has decided that he likes the rocket :roll:

Hhmmmmmmmm 34 bunnies eating Rocket :shock:, think we will have to remortgage:lol::lol:

Back