• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - I think this was a good catch. U/D Sad News

Well done on admitting it Biscuits - must be tough but all of us newbies have dramas at one point or another and uber people like 'The Duchess' make it better for the buns and make us better for them!

I concur that this is an awesome thread! One of my buns came to me with no incisors (they were growing into his bottom jaw when found wandering the streets :() he copes very well - he loves his hay and veggies! The other bun hasn't had problems with her teeth and now I know what to look for I hope she never will. I always wondered about the weighing, bathroom scales never occurred to me. Every time I pick them up they will now get weighed. Poor things :lol:

Thanks everyone!

Emma

Well done on admitting it Biscuits - must be tough but all of us newbies have dramas at one point or another and uber people like 'The Duchess' make it better for the buns and make us better for them!

I concur that this is an awesome thread! One of my buns came to me with no incisors (they were growing into his bottom jaw when found wandering the streets :() he copes very well - he loves his hay and veggies! The other bun hasn't had problems with her teeth and now I know what to look for I hope she never will. I always wondered about the weighing, bathroom scales never occurred to me. Every time I pick them up they will now get weighed. Poor things :lol:

Thanks everyone!

Emma

I promise you that everybody, including those of us who have a bit more experience still have our dramas and miss things. I am learning every day.

Having been to the RWA conference at the weekend I learned quite a bit more about subjects I am familiar with like EC and the current thinking, coccidia, cancers etc.

I don't think we can ever stop learning and experiencing new stuff, especially because rabbits are such a 'new' companion animals to a lot of vets.

I wasn't going to post.. I'm the owner of these two gorgeous buns, and believe me I do feel terrible, but I just wanted to say that in no way are these bunnies neglected. I really didn't see any signs of a problem until this week. Buttons' hasn't lost any weight, he was still managing to eat what he has always eaten and was full of beans. I am just so thankful and grateful to Helen for recognising the signs and being able to check inside their mouths. I am just hoping they both get through their ops okay. :cry:

It must have taken some courage to post and I applaud you for that. :) From reading Helen's original post, it sounded as though there were very subtle signs of dental problems that hadn't been picked up on - it's very easy to do and I'm still wondering every day about Bubbles and whether she is actually showing signs of dental problems again but I'm just not picking up on them. :? With the help of this thread, I now have a much clearer idea of what to look out for and just how subtle some of the signs can be.

I wish both your bunnies well with their ops. :love::love:

Great stuff Helen :D that otoscope sure is handy, i bet your really pleased you got it! perhaps if your coming over my way one day (hint hint!:oops:) you could pop it in your bag and have a little peek at my buns teeth!(sorry if i am being cheeky!:oops:) xx

Great stuff Helen :D that otoscope sure is handy, i bet your really pleased you got it! perhaps if your coming over my way one day (hint hint!:oops:) you could pop it in your bag and have a little peek at my buns teeth!(sorry if i am being cheeky!:oops:) xx
:lol: I've thought the same Tanya... I'm interested to see how Spikes misaligned back teeth are doing ;)

p.s. Kirsty.. you buns are great :love: Love the mad hairdo :love::love:

I was as excited to receive the otoscope from Christmas as I was to receive a Henry Hoover for my birthday - easily pleased!

I wasn't going to post.. I'm the owner of these two gorgeous buns, and believe me I do feel terrible, but I just wanted to say that in no way are these bunnies neglected. I really didn't see any signs of a problem until this week. Buttons' hasn't lost any weight, he was still managing to eat what he has always eaten and was full of beans. I am just so thankful and grateful to Helen for recognising the signs and being able to check inside their mouths. I am just hoping they both get through their ops okay. :cry:

It is so easy to miss things.This has been something ive been worrying about for sometime-B is going for bonding this weekend and though I think everything is ok and normal with her,Jill may see something that she doesn't think is right and then I would feel awful.I had this dream the other night that when i went to pick B up,Jill wouldn't let me have her as I didn't look after her properly!!:lol:Especially as I know she will be wet by the time we get there cos she always wees when she goes to vets.So im sorry if my reply looked like a dig,but really i was worrying about being in the same boat soon.

Binky Free Buttons

Sadly Buttons didn't make it through his operation today.

Our vet did everything in her power to keep him well and safe, but he passed to the bridge under the anaesthetic.

I am heartbroken and I know Kirsty is too. This wee boy touched my heart and I only knew him for two days.

My thoughts are with Spooks, Kirsty and family.

Last edited:
Oh no how terribly sad, I'm so sorry Kirsty and Helen :(

RIP beautiful little boy xxx

Sadly Buttons didn't make it through his operation today.
I am heartbroken and I know Kirsty is too. This wee boy touched my heart and I only knew him for two days.

My thoughts are with Spooks, Kirsty and family.

Binky free Buttons :cry:
Please pass some nose rubs to Spooks from me

Oh poor little mite. Im so sorry for your loss buttons. Please dont feel guilty as its clear it was lack of education not care and love. Ive learnt so much about rabbits since being a member of this forum. Had I not joined it would have only been a matter of time b4 mine got dental problems as they didnt eat hay as they had pellets 24/7. I hope you stick around :wave:

RIP little one:cry:.

Back