• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aoife- U/D 29th August- :-)

Oh no :cry: I’m so sorry:cry: sending lots of vibes that she will be ok for a long time yet xx

I was 99.9% sure that I knew what the outcome would be, but I hoped I was wrong. All I can do is try to give Aoife the best quality of life possible. After all, it is quality of life that matters most. I just dont understand why the last 3 Rabbits I have taken on have all had life limiting conditions. Albeit different conditions.

To give a vague outline of Aoife's problems, they are cardiac related.

I was 99.9% sure that I knew what the outcome would be, but I hoped I was wrong. All I can do is try to give Aoife the best quality of life possible. After all, it is quality of life that matters most. I just dont understand why the last 3 Rabbits I have taken on have all had life limiting conditions. Albeit different conditions.

To give a vague outline of Aoife's problems, they are cardiac related.
It's the worst luck ever :( the flip side is.. They're so lucky to have had you, because they always got the best until it was time :'( doesn't make it any easier tho I know xxx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

My beloved Noah bear was diagnosed with a heart condition (serious) - they gave him 6 months to live and I had him put to sleep 2yrs 4 months later due to an unrelated issue. His heart was still stable. Vibes for Aoife

Thank you everyone. I admit I am struggling to process all this. I must keep reminding myself that Aoife is totally unaware or her condition or what it means. I just hope we can get her to her first Birthday which is in December.

Life really can be :censored: at times. I adore all of my Rabbits, past and present. But this time when I say 'no more' I really mean it. My MH is not strong enough any more.

Please could my RU cyber friends help me to just focus on one day at a time for Aoife and to try my hardest not to look any further ahead than that.

As always, I am so grateful to those of you who care xx

My beloved Noah bear was diagnosed with a heart condition (serious) - they gave him 6 months to live and I had him put to sleep 2yrs 4 months later due to an unrelated issue. His heart was still stable. Vibes for Aoife

Thank you Catherine. Noah was a very special lad and I know you will always love him very much. Inspector Morse also had heart disease along with all his other problems. He coped well on treatment for almost 3 years and he too died of an unrelated illness (cancer).

Hugs Jane xx

Thank you, they are very much appreciated xx

DnZ69Pk.jpg

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry it was not better news. I agree that these bunnies come to you because you give them the best life when others could not or would not. But I do understand the need to draw the line. (((((((Huge hugs)))))))

Bunnies are the very best at teaching us how to live each day for itself. Look to Aoife as she will lead you to focus your thoughts on the daily joys. She is such a lovely girl and she is so lucky to have you in her corner.

Bless you my dear friend. Always thinking of you. xxxxx

So sorry the Vet visit was not as you had hoped Jane, and I can only guess how much it has upset you. I just hope you can take some comfort that she really is in the best possible hands with you and your lovely Vet. I know she will be so very spoilt. xx

Thank you everyone. I admit I am struggling to process all this. I must keep reminding myself that Aoife is totally unaware or her condition or what it means. I just hope we can get her to her first Birthday which is in December.

Life really can be :censored: at times. I adore all of my Rabbits, past and present. But this time when I say 'no more' I really mean it. My MH is not strong enough any more.

Please could my RU cyber friends help me to just focus on one day at a time for Aoife and to try my hardest not to look any further ahead than that.

As always, I am so grateful to those of you who care xx

I completely get that. We lost one rabbit at the age of 5 and a half last November, then lost another in February aged less than a year and now we're dealing with Phillip. It does take its toll, unfortunately sometimes life just throws everything at you all at once.

Aoife is very lucky to have you though. She's a beautiful bunny :love: xx

So sorry to read that the news was as you had feared but glad that Aoife is happy and unaware. Bunnies can teach us so much about living in the moment and not ruminating about the past or worrying about the future. Hoping Aoife enjoys her pampering. I remember what a wonderful life the Inspector had - with his multiple course breakfasts :love:

I'm sorry the news wasn't more positive Jane, but Aiofe is in your very capable care and her life will be filled with love and happiness that she deserves. Every day she spends with you will be a special memory for her and she will have the best life possible with you.

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry the news wasn't positive :cry:

Sending all my love to you and Aoife. As you say, she has no idea what's happening and is not in pain. I know it must be incredibly difficult but I do hope you can take some comfort from that.

Despite her condition, she is a very lucky little girl. Whatever happens in the months to come, she will be in the best possible hands with the love and care every rabbit deserves.

((((( hugs ))))) xx

Sorry you have yet more bad news Jane but wishing her a fulfilled and happy life. She could not be in better hands x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Back