• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. crazycatlady

How to introduce a new friend for a grieving bunny?

thanks Tonibun! So glad to hear he could live in the shed, he is a climber and a runner and would definitely love the space/ garden. Before they meet we are definitely getting him over his sniffles first! He's got a final check up appt. on monday and she's got a tooth check up on the same day...
  2. crazycatlady

Thanks for your feedback and the kind words! We went and adopted a little 3 month old male rabbit from the pets at home adoption centre (his name is Harvey). They think he may have some dwarf mixed in (supposedly because his ears are very small) but assured us this wasn't going to be an issue...
  3. crazycatlady

Thank you for your kind words and quick reply! We are devastated, never in a million years did we expect to lose one of them like this. We will be looking into bonding her with a younger male, should we do this now or would you recommend we wait a few weeks ? We really don't want her to slip...
  4. crazycatlady

Hello, our wonderful little Lilly passed away suddenly and entirely unexpectedly (cardiac arrest caused by a severe thunderstorm) in the early hours of Sunday morning, leaving behind Dottie (the little Lionhead), her friend since before we re-homed them at the age of 1 (which was a little under...
  5. crazycatlady

Cats Protections awful co-op with Pets@ Home

you are missing the point, the sale of rabbits or guinea pigs to the general public generates VIP points during the purchase (or lifelines or whatever they call them), hence cat's protection DIRECTLY benefits from the actual sale of animals. they also benefit from the sale of foods etc by the...
  6. crazycatlady

how so ? Pets at Home sell animals to often irresponsible buyers for the sake of their financial gain, meanwhile 30.000 rabbits are sitting in shelters looking for new homes... an issue that shelters much more poorly funded than Cats Protection or Dogs trust than have to deal with. How is this...
  7. crazycatlady

can I ask what other peoples opinions on their co-operation is?:evil: http://www.cats.org.uk/news/make-a-difference-with-every-swipe--the-pets-at-home-very-important-pets-club-vip-club I am absolutely mortified. with P@H selling large amounts of (very often very sick*) rabbits and guinea pigs...
  8. crazycatlady

Insulating sheds etc

we used hardboard to panel the bottom (still haven't gotten round to fix the shelves and top paneling) and have had no issues at all. The lino goes up the walls BEHIND the panels and the panels area an inch off the floor, so in case they do pee on the floor and close to a wall it won't seep up...
  9. crazycatlady

insulated bed ideas... ( stray cats and rabbits ..)

As metioned before we feed several stray cats coming through our garden and we leave our (stone built) storage shed open for them all year round. I did built a box for them in there using really thick styrofoam used for insulating houses (3 inch thick boards glued together) and it has worked...
  10. crazycatlady

does anyone else allow unrestricted free range / outdoor access?

thanks for the replies! I think we might keep the run closed at night ... but given our particular location (small boxed in gardens , surrounded by high walls and buildings, various neighbours either side, semi-busy village road, 5 cats about, dogs left and right and neighbour who has lived...
  11. crazycatlady

Wanted: Urgently

Hi Elaine, do you havea paypal address so I can make a donation ? If not can you PM me your address so we can send a cheque? thanks for all your hard work !!!
  12. crazycatlady

does anyone else allow unrestricted free range / outdoor access?

we have an approx 7x10ft shed and a decent sized run attached to it via a runaround pipe (pictures) http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?344090-shed-update-*picture-heavy*&p=5513038#post5513038. we had originally planned for that to be the rabbits home, with full garden access when...
  13. crazycatlady

shed update *picture heavy*

I'm so sorry for not getting back to you any earlier :oops:! i was actually back in Germany for a month (on family house renovation duty...) and haven't been here in ages. I am assuming you figured it out by now, if not please let me know!
  14. crazycatlady

some more housing inspiration

I just came across the following thread on a german rabbit forum I just stumbled across and though't I'd share it. It has TONS of pictures of both indoor and outdoor accommodation. It will take ages for some the pages to load but some of the runs and sheds are really cool! outdoor...
  15. crazycatlady

Hi Natty, the runs are from zooplus (you can either join them by completely taking off the end panels with a side cutter ( which is what I did) or you can just flip the end panels of each up and fold them backwards) I don't think it's listed on their UK website but I simply ordered it from the...
  16. crazycatlady

I haven’t been on here in ages but thought it was time for an updated on the rabbit shed project i mentioned a few months back. Whilst it’s still not finished it is habitable and the rabbits have moved outside. It has taken me a lot longer than planned and it will need loads more work, but I am...
  17. crazycatlady

Shelving in sheds/wendyhouses etc

thanks! great inspiration :)
  18. crazycatlady

hiccups for 1 hour? or is it something worse ?

hubby said its hard to say but it seems to be from the nose. apparently she's making "farting"noises, no discharge etc. the vet checked her over thoroughly and couldn't find anything wrong (checked abdomen, listened to lungs etc) however she was symptom free when she was done there. hubby is...
  19. crazycatlady

hiccups for 1 hour? or is it something worse ?

I am away from home at the moment but according to the hubby Dottie was twitching and making weird noises this morning ("sounds like farting" he said) . being that we are still new to rabbits he took her to the vet today (senior vet in a animal hospital / vet practice) , he checked her out and...
  20. crazycatlady

2 story corner cage -£66 size 141 x 100 x 86 cm (L x W x H) only until feb 2nd !

just bought this for a friend, whilst I don't think it's suitable for rabbits we bought it for her guinea pigs. size 141 x 100 x 86 cm (L x W x H) UK link http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rabbit_cage/140_cm_cages/179119 the trick is to get it from the GERMAN zooplus...
Back