• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Vicki

1. V

Gammy Eye

Thanks for your quick replies! I will try and get him to the vet tomorrow, i did see a little tiny redish pimple looking type spot on the top of his eyelid? Very tiny? What could have caused this?! Is so out the blue?!
  2. V

Gammy Eye

Hi, I am after some advice really, Harvey was fine yesterday and then this morning I noticed one of his eyes was quite watery and he was keeping it closed? I have bathed it but it is still the same tonight, he will open it now and again but generally he has kept it closed all day, does anyone...
  3. V

Wont eat Pellets?

Hi, I am asking this question for a friend. They have a one year old female lop, she is a house bunny. She has never eaten pellets, they have tried her on all types etc but she wont eat them! I am wondering if maybe her teeth could be a problem but she has no trouble eating anything else...
  4. V

the new hvd and myxi combined jab....

Harvey had his Myxo injection on Monday and i asked about this new jab, my vet said at the moment they have no plans to change over and will still be keeping them seperate, unless someone actually requested to have the all in one then they will order it in but at the moment there are no plans to...
  5. V

Question about E. cuniculi

You could leave your rabbit on its own for the rest of its life and he or she could still have an active EC infection, it is not just caused by mixing rabbits... A lot of it depends on the individuals own immune system. For example I had Harvey for a year and adopted Lola, everything was fine...
  6. V

Question about E. cuniculi

Its actually very common and over 50% of domestic rabbits carry the parasite without you even knowing. Even if you do treat both buns and bleach etc they can still catch it later on from bugs, insects or other animals such as mice which may have been on the grass your buns go on. I really...
  7. V

What should I do?

Thanks, you too.. In a way it doesnt feel right to get another bun but i have to put Harvey first and if thats what he needs or wants then thats what i will do, makes it harder for me to know as he's never looked like he's been grieving?
  8. V

What should I do?

Its such a hard desicion isnt it. Even now it still feels a bit raw as i feel like im replacing Lola which just feels so wrong but on the other hand i dont want Harvey tombe lonely and even though he doesnt seem it to the extent ive read about some bunnies grieving, i still feel guilty about...
  9. V

What should I do?

Im at a bit of a loss of what to do really. It has been around a month since we lost Lola. Obviously Harvey is now on his own, he seems his usual self and still runs around and binkys etc...I have been spending more time with him now he is on his own but i no this probably isnt enough and he...
  10. V

Available Rescue: Sally 3 legged Lop Eared

Bless her, shes gorgeous! I wish i lived closer!
  11. V

E cuniculi and humans

Hi, i was worried about this when my rabbit had EC and discussed it with my vet. He said there has only been two known cases where a human has caught it from a rabbit and thats when a man with aids caught it and there was a possibility where a little boy who was havin chemotherapy caught it...
  12. V

If your rabbits were human...

Harvey would be a food tester by day trade,he'll eat anything given the oppurtunity and by night he's the ever professional thief! With his fast pace and quiet feet, he's off before you knew he was there! Lola would of made the perfect Kate Middleton, Miss Beautiful in every way, very Graceful...
  13. V

Advice please : EC and enlarged kidney

Personally i would treat both buns for the 28 days if not longer for Lu, also i would keep the Metacam going aswel, my bun was on it for the same length of time as the Panacur but thats down to you and your vet to discuss really. From a personal point of view i would keep both Panacur and...
  14. V

Basically, everything Neleh just said. Ive not had a Bun with an enlarged kidney but i no EC can affect thr Kidneys, Lungs and Heart. Basically, if you can imagine im holding a handful of pellets in my hand, this is happily travelling around your bun causing no problem. For some reason...
  15. V

Hi, Im sorry to hear about Lu. Ive experianced dealing with a EC bun, her symptoms first of all was loss of balance with the back legs. She was given 3 steroid injections 48 hours apart along with Panacur daily for 6 weeks. Into the second week of treatment she was also put on Metacam twice...
Back