• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Bun2

1. B

Worried I Will Step on Rabbit

If your rabbit free roams inside, is it safe? I'm really worried about accidentally stepping on my rabbit if I try this & wondered if anyone has any tips? Sadly I recently heard of this happening to someone by an older child distracted on their phone & the rabbit then had seizures & was pts...
  2. B

Rabbit attacked by fox

I use use fox proof wire from amazon or eBay & zip tie it over the weaker wire on most rabbit runs. I also place barbed wire on the top & around the front/sides over night. No problems so far with rabbits getting out or foxes getting in, approaching 2 years now & we get foxes in our garden most...
  3. B

Rabbit stressed? Choosing to stay out in cold & cecotropes

She does seem to be holding her poops in overnight while locked inside the hutch as for 3 nights now there is no poop in there when I let her out in the morning. Then she goes straight to the poop corner of the run & does a lot. Is this OK to not poop all night for rabbits? I put a litter tray...
  4. B

Thank you both so much. Yes she was already outside, has grown a fluffy winter coat & the hutch has plenty of straw plus waterproof/windproof see through cover on. I moved her hides, chews, everything familiar over with her & even moved her old hutch that she's used to inside the enclosure so...
  5. B

Today I moved my almost 2 Yr old rabbit into her new larger hutch & run. Tonight I noticed she was staying in the outside run area when I went to bed. I thought this strange as the temperature tonight is only 3 degrees (37), but assumed she would go inside the hutch when cold as she was in there...
  6. B

Help with grief

Thank you for your kind words. It's just so final, I can't bear to look at her photo's in my phone or say her name, which I called my other rabbit by mistake & felt awful. I'm trying to focus on we gave her a good home, she didn't suffer, the vet was so lovely & gave her cuddles. We usually say...
  7. B

Help with grief

Hi, we lost our rabbit only yesterday & I keep crying. Just wondered if you found anything that helped you get over it any quicker? I know its probably normal & I'm an emotional person so can't really control it but I feel a real mess. I keep thinking 'this time yesterday she was still here' or...
  8. B

Urgent vets apt tomorrow

Thank you all 😭
  9. B

Urgent vets apt tomorrow

It's bad news, the vet also suspected uterine cancer after feeling a lump so she admitted her in for a scan & x-ray. Scan confirmed the cancer. X Ray showed her lungs clear so didn't think it had spread. Even in her underweight condition the vet wanted to at least give her a chance going under...
  10. B

Urgent vets apt tomorrow

Thank you, I will post back tomorrow once seen the vet. Yes in the UK. I hope she will be ok to let the vet check her teeth. No major decrease in appetite though. No idea how they do a rabbit blood test, can she be awake for that? Yes I was looking at uterine type cancer as she's not spayed but...
  11. B

Urgent vets apt tomorrow

Not spayed but yes vaccinated . Any ideas?
  12. B

Urgent vets apt tomorrow

Hi, I have an almost 2 year old, mini rex, female rabbit who has sudden extreme weight loss. Her bones are protruding, hips & spine you can see clearly. I'm really worried so have got an emergency vet appointment for tomorrow. Her back legs look like muscle wastage? I'm not sure but they go...
Back