• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flo's home! *UPDATED with video*

Thank you BM. Yes I too was quite fascinated and intrigued as to just how instant Flo seemed to remember the garden. In fact we discussed this very thing tonight and we concluded that there is certainly evidence here to suggest rabbits have a strong capacity for recollective memory and also emotional memory. Flo was totally different at the rescue - almost accepting that she was staying there knowing she was safe and had a new companion but not knowing where she was going - which I was very aware of and how much this would effect Flo. But tonight you could clearly see a changed bunny in Flo - and I can only conclude that Flo has realised today that this IS her home and we are now her family along with the new bunny. It’s a way forward for Flo given what she has gone through but as much as I am happy Flo has a new companion and we are happy our house feels full of life, I still very much struggle from the loss of Leo.
But this is about Flo - her well-being and the additional rescue and second chance for new bun and we’ll decide on his name over the weekend.
Craig x
Of course you miss Leo. His loss was tragic, you did everything right yet it was his time to leave you. Sending vibes.

I need to get my video camera going this morning! I had got up with the view of ‘operation clean kitchen’ but that’s going to have to go on the back burner.
New bun was camped by the back door when I got up so opened it up and it wasn’t long before the two monsters went out. It’s chuffin cold outside at the mo but suns out and the colours on the triffids are lush.
Anyway, idiot boy decides he wants to swim in the bird bowl (only an inch of water) so he’s now wet feet. But he began by treating me to a binky-zoomie show and now he’s belting up and down the full length of the lawn leaping in the air like a mad March hare. Flos watching from the path thinking “what the hell have I landed myself with” while lord white sox is doing what he should have been doing 7 months ago. Now he’s suddenly discovered what grass and space and freedom is all about. I’ve got to clean their toilet area after only 24 hours. I’ve never seen so much poop!
Must dash - things to do but right now the two inseparable hooligans are happy on the path outside whilst I get on with various jobs. Flo won’t let new bun out of her sight. She’s stuck to him like glue.
Laters
Craig x

Last edited:
So lovely to watch these videos, I hope you have a fun first weekend with them, sounds like it's all go! New boy knows he has landed on his feet, that binky in the video was pure joy :love:

I need to get my video camera going this morning! I had got up with the view of ‘operation clean kitchen’ but that’s going to have to go on the back burner.
New bun was camped by the back door when I got up so opened it up and it wasn’t long before the two monsters went out. It’s chuffin cold outside at the mo but suns out and the colours on the triffids are lush.
Anyway, idiot boy decides he wants to swim in the bird bowl (only an inch of water) so he’s now wet feet. But he began by treating me to a binky-zoomie show and now he’s belting up and down the full length of the lawn leaping in the air like a mad March hare. Flos watching from the path thinking “what the hell have I landed myself with” while lord white sox is doing what he should have been doing 7 months ago. Now he’s suddenly discovered what grass and space and freedom is all about. I’ve got to clean their toilet area after only 24 hours. I’ve never seen so much poop!
Must dash - things to do but right now the two inseparable hooligans are happy on the path outside whilst I get on with various jobs. Flo won’t let new bun out of her sight. She’s stuck to him like glue.
Laters
Craig x

Aww this is great :love: I'm so glad they're like glue :lol: :D I hope they are always this happy :love:

Wonderful videos, love "Alex's" little paint dipped white toe and his impressive dark tail flap.I think he's got a bit of beaver in him.😁

Lovely videos - they are having the time of their lives in your garden -its such a lovely space for them :love:

This is so adorable!! It must be so nice for Alex/Ed/Alf to have so much space for the first time in his life! I can only imagine what he must've been thinking when he was exploring your garden for the first time. And the fact that he was waiting to go out first thing says that he already feels right at home!

Aww, 'Alex''s binky is the best thing. :love: I love his giant fluffy black tail, too. I think kattymieoww is right that he has a bit of beaver in him. :lol: I'm glad Flo is enjoying her garden, too. :love:

Back