• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

****EMERGENCY, Cookie is making weird noises

Sending you and cookie lots of positive vibes. It can be stressful when our little friends are not 100%. I often feel like I am walking a fine line between under treating and over treating.

Sending you and cookie lots of positive vibes. It can be stressful when our little friends are not 100%. I often feel like I am walking a fine line between under treating and over treating.

Yes me to, I always feel like I'm walking that fine line. And I blame myself if I make the wrong decision :|

Yes me to, I always feel like I'm walking that fine line. And I blame myself if I make the wrong decision :|

I still blame myself for losing bunnies in 2019 and 2020. I feel bad they could not be saved and even worse two spent their final hours being poked and prodded at vets only to pass shortly after coming home. Then I remind myself of all the times bunnies recovered when they would not have with most humans.

Now with Raven I worry about giving abx he may not need, yet fear he may get worse if he does need them and does not get them. I am sad he likes my spouse better while I am the one giving fluids, syringe feeds and yucky meds.

We can only do our best. hugs.

Last edited:
You are doing a great job looking after Cookie. Remember he is getting better right? Mischief was not quite himself for a month or so after having antibiotics for his lung infection.

Perhaps keep a close eye on him and see if he improves on his own? If he still seems to be sneezing then take him back to the vets again. Did the vet do another X-ray on his lungs?

You can only try and do what is best. It is difficult when they can't talk to us so we have to try and second guess how they feel. Try not to worry too much. You are really caring for his needs so give yourself a pat on the back.

Sending more vibes for little Cookie as always [emoji178]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I still blame myself for losing bunnies in 2019 and 2020. I feel bad they could not be saved and even worse two spent their final hours being poked and prodded at vets only to pass shortly after coming home. Then I remind myself of all the times bunnies recovered when they would not have with most humans.

Now with Raven I worry about giving abx he may not need, yet fear he may get worse if he does need them and does not get them. I am sad he likes my spouse better while I am the one giving fluids, syringe feeds and yucky meds.

We can only do our best. hugs.

It must be a really hard feeling, I can't imagine. Also, I wouldn't like it if Cookie had given more attention to my husband. There is a sentence in our culture, "I'm living the pain, someone else is having fun". So you go through all the bunny's hardships, but your husband is the one who enjoys it. :roll:

You are doing a great job looking after Cookie. Remember he is getting better right? Mischief was not quite himself for a month or so after having antibiotics for his lung infection.

Perhaps keep a close eye on him and see if he improves on his own? If he still seems to be sneezing then take him back to the vets again. Did the vet do another X-ray on his lungs?

You can only try and do what is best. It is difficult when they can't talk to us so we have to try and second guess how they feel. Try not to worry too much. You are really caring for his needs so give yourself a pat on the back.

Sending more vibes for little Cookie as always [emoji178]

Sneezing still continues from time to time. The vet last took an x-ray 1 week ago and said it was nothing. 2 days ago, I took Cookie to the vet again because he sneezed, this time the x-ray was not taken, but she insisted that Cookie was nothing again. In short the vet doesn't care if Cookie is sneezing. The vet says do not come for examination unless there are symptoms other than sneezing. Now how can I not worry when I'm aware of all this? :(

I would like to ask a question to everyone. Cookie's sneezes continue from time to time. The vet doesn't care and says don't bring it if there are no symptoms other than sneezing. What would you think of the vet in this situation and what would you do? I wonder what all of you think.

If the bun acts fine. SNeezing is normal. If it is every now and then. It can be dust, dusty hay, type of har or grass, cleaning products, your deodorant, perfume, smoking....Just like healthy humans sneeze and caugh occasionaly, same is with buns. Brko sneezes daily (but not all the time). Sherlock has only sneezed couple of times on one year due to dusty hay.

Problem might be if the bun is wheezing, making sounds when eating, eating less....

If the bun acts fine. SNeezing is normal. If it is every now and then. It can be dust, dusty hay, type of har or grass, cleaning products, your deodorant, perfume, smoking....Just like healthy humans sneeze and caugh occasionaly, same is with buns. Brko sneezes daily (but not all the time). Sherlock has only sneezed couple of times on one year due to dusty hay.

Problem might be if the bun is wheezing, making sounds when eating, eating less....

Frankly cookie is good to eat and poop. Breathing sounds are not normally heard during Cookie disease. As I put cookie in my bosom, when I put my ear close to his nose, I occasionally hear a whistling sound. But if you listen normally, no sound can be heard from the nose of cookie.
Also, Cookie wasn't a sneezing rabbit until before this illness. That's why it bothers me that he continues to sneeze after illness.
Also, when cookie sneezes, it sneezes loudly, similar to the one in this video.

https://youtu.be/Xz0ca4yGSHM

Cookie has been looking up and standing up constantly for 5-6 minutes. I think he did it out of curiosity but I'm not sure if it's related to a lung infection. But I've never seen him wonder what's up there this long. I add video, do you think it's just curiosity or an infection?

https://streamable.com/6aw3y3

It looks like he is looking at the TV wondering what it is. Very cute [emoji173]

Haha thank you so much. Wrong alert :lol: The reason is clear :D My husband started drinking chamomile tea at that moment, Cookie was looking for tea out of curiosity because he could smell the tea. :lol: He looked everywhere for that tea, went up to all the high places and watched. :D Then, when he realized that the smell of the tea was coming from my husband, he went up to my husband's shoulder to look for the tea, in the last scene, Cookie was even smelling my husband's ear and looking for the tea. :lol: Problem solved when my husband finished the tea :lol: Cookie is a very, very curious bunny :roll: Even when the doorbell rings he's wondering, waiting to see who's coming. :D Even while I cook, he sits and watches me, sometimes he gets up and wonders all the time. Even while I'm emptying the dishwasher or folding the laundry, he wonders. :lol: Even when I'm video call on the phone, he wonders and comes running. He sits on my lap and he watches the video call with me, sticks his nose in the camera. :lol: I think Cookie is more curious than other rabbits .:lol:

Completely normal behaviour :) He really was smelling the tea, you can see it by the rate of his nostril twitches and the fact he was tracking the direction of the scent. The tea will smell thousands of times stronger to him than it does to us :)

Completely normal behaviour :) He really was smelling the tea, you can see it by the rate of his nostril twitches and the fact he was tracking the direction of the scent. The tea will smell thousands of times stronger to him than it does to us :)

Now it seems like drinking flower teas will be a problem :lol: My husband was constantly nagging "I don't know if cookie is a boy or a bunny, he won't even let me drink tea" hahaha :lol: :lol:

Now it seems like drinking flower teas will be a problem :lol: My husband was constantly nagging "I don't know if cookie is a boy or a bunny, he won't even let me drink tea" hahaha :lol: :lol:

One of my Rabbits has peppermint tea every morning :D

My two absolutely love the smell of tea.

Hubby gets mobbed if he has a nice fruit one, ironically they're not keen on the tastes just the fascinating new smell!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Haha that is so cute thst he was smelling the tea!! [emoji23] At least it has put your mind at rest now my friend [emoji4]

And yes I believe you can give Cookie chilled chamomile tea from teabags. He may actually love it or he may just prefer to mob your husband when he drinks it! [emoji38] xx

Haha that is so cute thst he was smelling the tea!! [emoji23] At least it has put your mind at rest now my friend [emoji4]

And yes I believe you can give Cookie chilled chamomile tea from teabags. He may actually love it or he may just prefer to mob your husband when he drinks it! [emoji38] xx

Sometimes it drives me crazy that Cookie is so curious about everything. :D Yesterday I just saw him trying to climb the flat wall. :lol: He even wonders about the wall. Waiting at the door with me, whoever rings the bell, we open the door together. He is both afraid when he sees new people, and he comes back and looks again out of curiosity. :lol:

Back