• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Odin

dollyanna

Alpha Buck
Could he have any going spare please? He's going in tomorrow to get x-rays of his head, spine and back legs to try to get to the bottom of his various niggles. The past few days he's been relying on metacam to stave off stasis I think, and his eyes and nose are still just not quite right. So we need to get to the bottom of the pain, and find out if there is a tooth issue as well.
While he's there they're going to try and determine once and for all if he is actually neutered too.
But I'm worried about the anaesthetic, and his recovery afterwards, he's a stressy little guy, so I just hope everything goes ok. Got lots of herbs ready for his packed lunch and for when he comes home.

Could he have any going spare please? He's going in tomorrow to get x-rays of his head, spine and back legs to try to get to the bottom of his various niggles. The past few days he's been relying on metacam to stave off stasis I think, and his eyes and nose are still just not quite right. So we need to get to the bottom of the pain, and find out if there is a tooth issue as well.
While he's there they're going to try and determine once and for all if he is actually neutered too.
But I'm worried about the anaesthetic, and his recovery afterwards, he's a stressy little guy, so I just hope everything goes ok. Got lots of herbs ready for his packed lunch and for when he comes home.
Poor baby, sending loads of vibes for you and him. I hope you can get some answers x

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Oh poor boy!

Sending vibes for a smooth visit for him.

Will they let you bring Freja in with him for the visit? I find this always helps calm Rodney and also a blanket from their cage.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Oh poor boy!

Sending vibes for a smooth visit for him.

Will they let you bring Freja in with him for the visit? I find this always helps calm Rodney and also a blanket from their cage.

Freja is going in with him, they always go in together and as they travel in a large dog crate I'm assuming/hoping she will stay in there in a quiet area rather than be moved into a kennel. They don't really have blankets so I don't have anything from their house, but they have a box in the crate to close off one end, lots of hay and forage (mostly for Freja) and a packed lunch of fresh herbs to entice him when he wakes up. I could take a handful of hay out of their bedroom and add it for familiar scent though. I've also got PetRemedy wipes and spray so I'll scent the box up in the morning as well.
My vet are lovely though and will let me take them as soon as he is awake basically, then I can monitor them at home and get him eating more quickly. TBH I can spot what's normal and what's not much quicker than they will, and they are only 5mins away if there's a problem. So I'll be camped out for the afternoon in the rabbit house with them.

Well they got dropped off half an hour ago, bit stressed but still eating when we were waiting in the car to go in. Just had a phone call to say that he is sleepy now and he definitely does have testicles! He must be the most polite entire boy ever, because the only giveaway has been the humping of Freja, absolutely nothing else. So he's having them whipped out while he's there too - not looked at teeth yet. Might be a lot to do in one go if he does have a dental and flush too, but we decided that was better than putting him under again in the near future.
Kind of a relief, it's been a real rollercoaster since Freja came trying to work it out, at least now they can settle down and just be nice to each other ALL the time! Hopefully get some weight on him too if he's not spending so much time chasing and humping.

Oh bless him no wonder he was humpy!

Hopefully things will calm down once he's mourned his little boy bits and all the other bits make him more comfortable.

Well Odin, you have been well and truly duped. You are going to the Dentist, they said. It’ll be fine they said. Then before you can say Humpty Hump your plums are whipped away :roll:

I think extra treats are the very least you should demand when you get home !!

You can now look forward to a more peaceful pair of Bunnies and hopefully he won't need the dental. Sending vibes for a good recovery.

Back