• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny mum! 👋

Cocodaisy

New Kit
Hello everyone!

New mum to our two little girls mini lop bunnies 😂 previous we had two male guineapigs who sadly died over 3 years ago after nearly 8 years and thought it was time to add additions to our family again. So we have coco & daisy 😁 surely I don't have to say who is who 😂😂 my two children love them so much!

As they are quite a lot different from our guinea pigs diet ECT if anyone has any tips it would be very helpful!

Thank you :love:

EIhhx1vm.jpg

UJjPn44m.jpg

CVQUlHhm.jpg

yN1XEjgm.jpg

xjhG0FCm.jpg

Hello, and welcome to the forum :wave: they are both gorgeous and I love their housing :love:

The most important part of their diet is good quality hay, and lots of it!

I would also suggest registering with a rabbit savvy vet, they will need vaccinations against rhd1/RHD2 and myxomatosis and also spaying too

thank you! :love:

they are just over 18wks so still too young to be spaying them i already phoned the vet :lol:

i also get my hay from a farmer, & they have lots of timothy hay to mix in. i haven't started them with much veg at the moment what do you recommend daily on veg? i dont want to loose those golden poops :lol:

You will need to watch them like a hawk for falling out as they hit puberty. I had 2 sisters years ago and they were spayed at about 5 months I think, they were just able to be kept together but they had started hormonal chasing and humping each other by then! My vet went on weight, over 1kg for spaying. I hardly feed mine any veg, just hay, fibafirst sticks, apple branches and forage.

They are gorgeous :love: Do make sure that they are sexed correctly ;) And yes be prepared for hormonal, behavioural problems.

As Omi says, make sure they are females as baby rabbits are very hard to sex. They are gorgeous by the way! Have a read over on the Rabbit Welfare Association's website for diet and all things rabbit related. I have always fed Spring Greens (not too good at the moment) but herbs are very popular as is forage.

Hi welcome to the forum :wave: your bunnies are just gorgeous, and I love their setup. Look forward to hearing and seeing more about them :)

Back