• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Enclosure Advice

Nicola17

New Kit
Hi,
I’m new to the forum and all things bunnny-related. We pick up our mini lop bunnies in a couple of weeks. They will be 8 weeks old and will be house bunnies. I have a quick question about their indoor enclosure, please. I have bought a number of pens made up of grids / panels measuring 35cm wide and 45cm high to use to build their enclosure. My question is whether you think a height of 45cm is high enough for the enclosure to stop them jumping out or whether I’d need to build it double-height, so 90cm. You can also turn the panel around so they are 45cm wide and 35cm high, so I guess I could also build it to be 70cm high. As I said, I’ve no previous experience of bunnies so not sure how much they tend to try to jump over their enclosures. Any advice / tips welcome. Thanks very much! Thanks

Welcome! :D I would definitely go for 90 cm. Bunnies can jump over 45cm easily! And some bunnies are escape artists and can jump over 70cm, too, so I would go with the highest option.

Baby bunnies can be very bouncy. Definitely go for 90cm. Some may need 120cm. Make sure there are no platforms they can use close to the barrier.

Welcome.
I would start with 90cm. Make sure they cannot climb on panels and the litterbox, bedding or toys cannot be used to give them help over the top.

Thanks, all, for the swift replies. It sounds like 90cm is definitely required! I’m hoping they don’t get any ideas about jumping higher than that! 😱😂

Thanks, all, for the swift replies. It sounds like 90cm is definitely required! I’m hoping they don’t get any ideas about jumping higher than that! ����

Oh they'll get ideas :lol: they always do

Back