• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hmmmm... not too sure about this :)

mikek

Warren Veteran
cRxqTTm.jpg

Aww go back to your bed little hoggie :love: It's been so warm lately that I'm not surprised he/she has woken up. It's due to get a lot colder by the end of the week though, so hiberation should feel inviting again. Your rabbits look almost wary of it :) Mind you, it's probably a case of them not knowing what it is. Our chickens will alarm call if they see wild rabbits or squirrels in the garden.

Your Green Woodpecker is lovely. Was it digging in your lawn for ants?

Aww go back to your bed little hoggie :love: It's been so warm lately that I'm not surprised he/she has woken up. It's due to get a lot colder by the end of the week though, so hiberation should feel inviting again. Your rabbits look almost wary of it :) Mind you, it's probably a case of them not knowing what it is. Our chickens will alarm call if they see wild rabbits or squirrels in the garden.

Your Green Woodpecker is lovely. Was it digging in your lawn for ants?

yes, i think so.

an occassional visitor. i think it lives nearby.

the hedgehog pic is from spring this year. sorry, i should perhaps have said.
woodpecker is this morning.

Last edited:
just spotted Pepper in the pic. I was wondering where he was hiding.

i'm not sure what the shrub is that he's sitting under, but they both love eating it. as you can see, there are virtually no leaves left in bunny reaching areas.

9XJ3omO.jpg

I hope you don't mind me saying, but you might want to confirm what that shrub is, just to check. It looks to be an evergreen type, which are not normally safe for rabbits. I know that there is a lot of mis-information out there about rabbits and toxic plants, but in my view it's easy just to make sure. Not every problem plant is going to have an immediate noticeable impact. Some will do damage over a longer period.

I hope you don't mind me saying, but you might want to confirm what that shrub is, just to check. It looks to be an evergreen type, which are not normally safe for rabbits. I know that there is a lot of mis-information out there about rabbits and toxic plants, but in my view it's easy just to make sure. Not every problem plant is going to have an immediate noticeable impact. Some will do damage over a longer period.

no, i don't mind in the least :D

it's a good shout & i will check.

Woodpeckers and hedgehogs, just like my parents' garden in Essex! :D Our rabbit used to ignore the hedgehogs, he was always much more 'worried' by the squirrels because they were unpredictable :lol:

Back