• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Paranoid bunny Mum

Hope the little scamp is back on form soon, I'm sure he will be..

Come on Totti sweetie do a nice pile of poops for your Mam! :D

Should I bring him in for the night? He hasn't done any more poos after the 6 tiny ones, has nibbled at the celery but nothing to write home about.

Jill I would bring Totti indoors, else you will just be fretting even more about him all night.
At least you can monitor him more closely.
Treatment for gut statis can take several days to work properly and thereafter it can take a week or two to get the guts back to normal.

I can look at the rabbits diet and advise you on a preventative diet for life if you like, when they stay at the Sanctuary. This is my speciality and I have had many success stories with bunnies with chronic ongoing problems, or acute sudden ones too.

Have no fear Bunny Boot Camp is near.....only teasing, but I am sure we can help.

Wishing you a fret free night...Totti will be alright you acted quickly, that is the key to getting gut statis under control.
Please give Totti a cuddle from me, love Adele

Thanks Adele,

I'm going to fetch him in now and I'm just relieved that I had already made the decision to let you look after him when I'm in Oz. For once the "if onlys" have become "thank Gods". I know he's going to be in the best possible hands and of course, will heed any advice regarding sorting out his problem long term.

am just off to fetch him in now and will give him a big cuddle from you xx

Ahh thank you for all your lovely words Jill :oops: :oops:
it is a pleasure to help where I can, you are not doing too bad a job yourself, what a wonderful caring Mummy Bunny you are.

Enjoy your Totti snuggle, please give us an update tomorrow

XX

Hiya Jill

Don't keep us all in suspense now gal! - hows the lovely Totti doing - and how did the evening go.

Over and Out

Ive only just joined this board today and Im already hooked! :lol:

Its really nice though as you are all really supportive to each other and are able to hand out advice and help very quickly.

I have only just read this post but I am already hoping that Totti is fine and things are already "moving along nicely" :wink: :D

Hope he is getting better

Yippee - got up this morning to a few poos and tootled off to work. Came back, he's done loads of poos and the Vet checked his tum, said he was much better as he could feel poos in there and no gas so he's been given another injection and signed off!!!! Its amazing how bunny poos can make you soooo happy. Thank you all so much for all your support.

Tra la la I'm a happy bunny Mum

:p :thumb: excellent news Jill..what a RELIEF, in more ways than one :D :lol: :lol:
Looking forward to seeing you and the happy, Healthy bunnies very soon :D

Back