• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandelions on our lawn.

shivbo2014

Young Bun
Hi! We had a lawn laid in April I am not sure if the company it was purchased from had used any pesticide or weed stuff on it. Miffy has never had any grass from it. Do you think she would be able to now as it has been down for a while and we haven't used anything on it? Also there are dandelions growing on it she loves them so was hoping I could give her them?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If you want to be sure, I'd call the company and ask them if they use anything.
Personally, I'd just let her have it but I understand not everyone has a laid back approach to bunny food.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reply. My partner has lost their details so can't ask them. I thought that seeing as there are weeds growing on them it is probably ok to eat!

I would say yes it should be ok now - we had quite a bit of rain early on in the Spring which would have washed any pesticide into the soil. I laid turf in May and the rabbits have been eating it and have for a few years as I have to lay fresh turf every year.

Great thanks. Also can I just pull up the grass from the ground and give her some in her daily salad she's an indoor rabbit so won't be out grazing on it? Sorry for all the questions!

Back