• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New here

Charmainew

New Kit
Hi all i am new here, although have been in the group many years ago. I have not had a Rabbit for 7 years and miss that. Our home had an extention built many years ago and we have an area that has 3 red brick walls (there is also a window that looks in to our living room and 1 small window that looks in to the utility room) the area is 11ft x 8ft concrete base. I am wondering if its possible to utelise this area for a pair of rabbits. We have acess to a metal dog pen front with a door, its made of aivery wire. And also access to polycarb from an old conservatory roof. Its our back yard and no grass. How ever we would have a seperate run for them to go out on our front lawn. We would also provide them with access to a run in the yard. I will make sure our window cills are bunny proofed. I want to add ledges/shelves. Has any body done anything similar. Its a space that isnt really used.

Hi all i am new here, although have been in the group many years ago. I have not had a Rabbit for 7 years and miss that. Our home had an extention built many years ago and we have an area that has 3 red brick walls (there is also a window that looks in to our living room and 1 small window that looks in to the utility room) the area is 11ft x 8ft concrete base. I am wondering if its possible to utelise this area for a pair of rabbits. We have acess to a metal dog pen front with a door, its made of aivery wire. And also access to polycarb from an old conservatory roof. Its our back yard and no grass. How ever we would have a seperate run for them to go out on our front lawn. We would also provide them with access to a run in the yard. I will make sure our window cills are bunny proofed. I want to add ledges/shelves. Has any body done anything similar. Its a space that isnt really used.

Hello and welcome back :wave:

The area you describe 11ftx8ft sounds perfectly OK for a pair of rabbits :) How do you intend to make use of the metal dog pen? I think I would be wary about putting a run on your front lawn for them unless someone was outside with them the whole time. I would be concerned that they could be vulnerable to people walking past. A run in your yard would feel safer to me and they do not necessarily need to be on grass.

Would be interested to hear more detail of your ideas.

I agree with Omi but will there be enough light for the Rabbits and you would have to keep catching them in order to transfer them to a run. Some Rabbits wouldn't like this.

Back