• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunsk and Belle bonding diary - U/d wooo! Pt 103

chul

Staff member
Day 1:

Just set up belles pen next to bunsks crate with a gap in the middle. Belle is fine, flopping about not bothered. Bunsk is bar chewing to the max. We had thumps at first too. He is really not happy right now :(

I don't know what to do about the bar chewing and am worried it will hurt his mouth?

Last edited:
Poor Bunsk. :( He is used to a fair bit of freedom, isn't he, so I suppose this is understandable. Hopefully someone with bonding experience will be along soon to advise.

Thanks. He is downstairs with me at the moment for his freerange time. he is sniffing her blanket that I left here.

Good luck with the bonding :) The bar chewing may be because he wants to come out as is used to being out maybe?

Good luck with the bonding :) The bar chewing may be because he wants to come out as is used to being out maybe?

I thinkit is, but mixed with seeing her too. Hes still out for now, until bed time I think.

2011-02-26183311.jpg

2011-02-26183324.jpg

2011-02-26183529.jpg

Day 1 photos

The bar chewing could be that he wanted to get at her as well. It would be frustrating to see and smell her without getting close up

Beano was walking up and down the side if her crate next to Gordon before they met too. Looking forward to more updates tomorrow :wave:

If you are bonding, when are you planning to put the rabbits together.

Bonding is best done by putting the 2 bunnies together in a neutral small space where they are closely observed. When bunnies are side by side it really does not give you much of an indication if it will work. Please do observe your bunny closely who you say is getting stressed out by being confined to ensure that they do not devlope stress induced health problems.

If you are bonding, when are you planning to put the rabbits together.

Bonding is best done by putting the 2 bunnies together in a neutral small space where they are closely observed. When bunnies are side by side it really does not give you much of an indication if it will work. Please do observe your bunny closely who you say is getting stressed out by being confined to ensure that they do not devlope stress induced health problems.

He isn't being confined that much more than usual. He was out tonight as usual. I plan to put them together when bunsk settles down a little.

what your doing seems a good idea poor belle only got to you yesterday:lol: youy dont want to throw her in straight away:shock:

poor bunsk lol
hope all goes well

In what way do you mean settles down?

I mean as he is this morning. when he first saw her he was not happy and was acting very different. Now he knows she is there and is acting perfectly fine.

I will be cleaning the kitchen today with vinegar and putting them in the pen together.

Back