• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zoidberg and Mary just had a fight :(

To dezoidify the garden, try to move things around from their usual places. Mess up his space so it is not as he expects it to be.

When Estelle and Frankie were introduced onto the decking and then the garden, all the tubes, ramps, toys etc, were in different places. All were washed and dried where possible and Estelle's scent was removed as much as possible.

Estelle didn't quite know what to do as HER space was such a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thankfully they are a happy little couple now.

We all hope that Zoidberg and Mary will make good progress together.

Have you any photos of Mary? Good luck with the bond, it sounds like you are going ok with it. don't worry to much about humping, if it goes on, bella is always humping poor Jacob.

Have you any photos of Mary? Good luck with the bond, it sounds like you are going ok with it. don't worry to much about humping, if it goes on, bella is always humping poor Jacob.

Do I have photos of mary?? :lol::lol::lol:

Take your pic!!! :lol::lol:

P1000320.jpg

P1000310.jpg

P1000274.jpg

P1000246.jpg

Without sounding nasty but is Mary possibly a bit overweight? I know it obviously wouldn't be your fault as you've only just got her :lol:

Without sounding nasty but is Mary possibly a bit overweight? I know it obviously wouldn't be your fault as you've only just got her :lol:

well, you'd think that looking at her chin, but her back isn't overweight at all, you can still feel her spine and everything, i think it's just her breed (?)

Hopefully once they are free ranging though they'll have lots of exercise so there'll be no possibility of them becoming overweight, and to be fair on Saturday when she was running around i'd never seen a rabbit move so much and she never stopped at all on Saturday, not even during the afternoon!

having just done some research on google, the bit of skin is apparently called a dewlap..... some mature female rabbits have them??? (I stand to be corrected)

Last edited:
well, you'd think that looking at her chin, but her back isn't overweight at all, you can still feel her spine and everything, i think it's just her breed (?)

Hopefully once they are free ranging though they'll have lots of exercise so there'll be no possibility of them becoming overweight, and to be fair on Saturday when she was running around i'd never seen a rabbit move so much and she never stopped at all on Saturday, not even during the afternoon!

having just done some research on google, the bit of skin is apparently called a dewlap..... some mature female rabbits have them??? (I stand to be corrected)

Dewlaps are for females to pluck out fur from when making a nest, if they're pregnant.

As an update there's been no further fighting, and they seem back to how they were before, with some grooming and snuggles and just being around and with one another.

i think we're back on track :D :love:

As an update there's been no further fighting, and they seem back to how they were before, with some grooming and snuggles and just being around and with one another.

i think we're back on track :D :love:

Great news Gareth. They sometimes just need to know that they really are now an item because it's new for them.

It's great to have another male on the forum who openly adores his rabbits :lol:

:lol::lol:

I know, my friends and family think i'm wierd for liking them so much...

To be fair I always wanted a dog, but my wife said that we couldn't get a dog until we have kids that are about 8 years old as you can never trust a dog with a baby, which is fair enough, so I settled on getting a rabbit, but now we have rabbits, I think I won't ever want to get a dog, I'm more than happy with rabbits :D:p

:lol::lol:

I know, my friends and family think i'm wierd for liking them so much...

To be fair I always wanted a dog, but my wife said that we couldn't get a dog until we have kids that are about 8 years old as you can never trust a dog with a baby, which is fair enough, so I settled on getting a rabbit, but now we have rabbits, I think I won't ever want to get a dog, I'm more than happy with rabbits :D:p

Strangely enough that's how I ended up getting rabbits! I was dog obsessed, but was convinced i couldn't have a dog whilst I was working fulltime by OH and parents! So ended up adopting a rabbit from my local rescue as I knew I wanted a furry companion, and have never looked back! :lol:

gwaterhouse and mattyp..................how wonderful that you love your bunnies so much. You are IMO very rare.

Many men seem to find bunnies rather boring and really don't get the whole bunny thing.:roll::roll: My OH does his best but..............................:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Back