• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zac and Rodney -U/D 6th 0ctober-Zac Has Died :-(

Thank you everyone. Zac has had a slightly better day today, I think it may be due to the increased analgesia. He is less restless. But he is still so confused and where-as before his loss of eye-sight did not trouble him too much it seems to now.

I had to have my elderly dog PTS due to senile dementia and it was awful having to make that decision for her. Physically she could probably have gone on for another year or so, but because of the dementia her quality of life was nil. I still feel guilty about it though :cry:

I know Zac is 11, which is a very good age for a Standard Rex. But it does not make any of this any easier

:cry:

Witnessing dementia in animals is very upsetting for both the animals and their owners. I have seen this many times over especially with my work.

So sad.:(:(

Poor little old men:love: They are very lucky to have had the life they've had with you. Not an easy decision. Would be so much easier if they could just decide when to go XXX

Oh Jane, I'm so terribly sorry :cry: but what a long and loving life he's had with you (((hugs))) xxx

RIP darling Zac xxx

So sorry Jane. It's so hard but I am glad his passing was peaceful.

Nose rubs to elyse and Rodney. Take care xx

So sorry to hear this :cry:

Binky free Zac xx

Lots of vibes for Rodney & hugs for you xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Binky free Zac. :( So sorry. It is awful but 11 years old is amazing. I know it can't make his passing any easier but at least you have lots of nice memories with him and made his life as good as possible.

Back