• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zac and Rodney -U/D 6th 0ctober-Zac Has Died :-(

Hoping for a turnaround for each of these lovely bunnies and sending you (((((((((hugs)))))))). They are both in the most loving and capable hands with you, Jane. Whatever comes I hope you and Zac and Rodney will have a comfortable weekend, as much as is possible.
Thinking of you all. xxxxxxxx

I'm sorry Jane - they're lucky to have someone looking out for them and doing what's best for them.

Rodders is doing a lot better this morning. But Zac isn't :cry: I will be spoiling him with all his favorite treats today and he has Elyse with him constantly. I fear tomorrow we will have to say farewell, unless there is a dramatic improvement in his mental confusion and general disorientation

:cry:

Rodders is doing a lot better this morning. But Zac isn't :cry: I will be spoiling him with all his favorite treats today and he has Elyse with him constantly. I fear tomorrow we will have to say farewell, unless there is a dramatic improvement in his mental confusion and general disorientation

:cry::cry:

It is so hard having to make a decision based more on the Rabbit's mental state than for a physical problem :cry: Having said that, I have had to increase Zac's pain relief as his arthritic legs are more painful today. He is more settled now, but he really is not coping with being completely blind, it is adding to his mental confusion :cry:

In my heart I know it's his time

I'm so sorry Jane :cry:
I'll keep prayers going for Zac.
I am glad to hear Rodney is better. xxxxxxx

I hope Rodney continues to do better

I'm so sorry you're finding yourself in this position with Zac, if only all our pets could pass away peacefully in their own time.:(
It doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye just because you know it's time but you take care of your rabbits, you make sure they get what they need and are treated with as much kindness and caring as possible. We all know you'll do the right thing for Zac just as you have for the last 11 years x

I am so sorry to read this, that is such a hard decision to make for Zac. I am thinking of you both. I hope Rodney continues to improve xx

So sorry to hear this Jane x I have followed particularly Zac,s progress over the years as his condition sounds much like my Bungo who is also blind and an elder bun x I think you form such bond with special needs bunnies and I hope I have your bravery to be able to decide when the time is calling for him to leave as I would wish him the same as for any four or two foot in that he could pass with dignity and grace.

My thoughts are with you Jane and I hope ronde continues to improve

Huge huge hugs

They have had a great life with you and you know them well so am sure you will know when the right time for this heartbreaking decision is
Huge hugs to you and noserubs to zac and Rodney xx

Back