• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

would i be really awful when i say i...

:lol: well he is cute sophie but he's just a baby. i just don't know, i'm not fussed on the shape of their heads and their coats, i know it's terrible and i love all bunnies and they are all sweet in their own way but i don't think i'd ever go out of my way to own a rex, my husband isn't too sure about them though either. it's maybe beacuse their not the ideal picture of a bunny if that makes sense. hope i don't offend anyone as i'm sure their very sweet, i just don't find them pleasing to look at. :oops:

:lol: Just messing about. I do understand what you mean with the shape of their head being particular, but I have a whole family of them to foster right now and they are all so different and I love them to bits. I think that it is like people, you can be more attracted to various features. There is nothing to be ashamed of nor to offend people with (I think).
But I'll give cuddles to anybunny that passes my way even the ugliest little monster :love:

is that lizzie? :love: :love: :love: i really must get you to email the photos as she is sooo gorg and will be lovely to have when she is older xxx i have to say i wasnt fond of rexes but i have really fallen for Lizzie and so has my hubby :love::love:

If you want you can pm me your email and I can send you a few pics/updates. I was going to pm you some updates anyway hehe.
But she is doing great and is growing into a beautiful rexy bunny :angel:

So you dont like Vinnie:(
000_1070.jpg

000_0986.jpg

Shadow
DSCF0381.jpg

And Lilac and Claude my bridge buns
DSCF0380.jpg

1151.jpg

000_0586.jpg

My husband is the same :lol: I don't know what it is about them, but he just does not like rex rabbits. I, however, think they are just as lovely as another bun, but I would worry about them getting cold!

I am not too keen on netherland dwarfs but that is not to say I don't like them ~ I get a bit freaked out by large white rabbits with pink/red eyes because they look a bit funny, but I have only seen those in books and we all know how photos can never quite show a bunny's true beauty. I might fall head over heels if I met one ;)

I heard some people were dissin' nethies on this board
IMG_0257-1.jpg

Was it you?! Huh punk!?
IMG_0256-1.jpg

Well then say it to my fluffy face!
IMG_0258-1.jpg

:lol::lol:

Eddison is a sensitive and cranky bun. :D

Oh he is just gorgeous :love: :love: Little fluffy buns are my favorites :love:

And I have three here that are looking for a new home...what a coincidence, huh??? :lol:

Rex bunnies look a bit "naked", their dewlaps stick out more because their fur is so short. And their nails look too long, even if they aren't. Their fur feels lovely, though, and they seem to come with a cheeky character quite often. Just ask Jane. :D

It took me quite a while to get used to the rexy look, they look sort of narrow and a bit angry but my two are lovely and really good natured.

But as for people not liking Nethies...are you blind:lol::lol:

MrF.jpg

m1.jpg

It took me quite a while to get used to the rexy look, they look sort of narrow and a bit angry but my two are lovely and really good natured.

But as for people not liking Nethies...are you blind:lol::lol:

MrF.jpg

Sqeeeee!!! How adorable! That bun looks like a baby Sweetpea :love:

To be honest, i think it is pretty bad :? Not to like a rabbit because of it's looks :? That's like someone saying they don't like me because i have long hair and a square chin :?:?
Poor bunnies, don't worry, i think you are all beautiful, and anyway, it doesn't matter what you look like :love:
I think rexes are amazing, their fur :love: Also nethies are dead cute! Have you seen Alison's Santa??? :love::love::love::love::love:

Last edited:
I love rexes - but i may be biased :)

My Frankie looks like a T-Rex when you look at him head on and i'm convinced that's where they get their name lol! My OH thinks i'm nuts!

I don't like lionheads but not for the way they look, they are cute but its probably because my housemate's lion head has a vendetta against me and lunges and attacks me at every opportunity lol! Negative association i spose

Last edited:
I dnt think its bad to like one breed more than another.
I would never say no to any bunny however I definately prefer the look of some than others. I also dnt particularly like rexes or dutches but it depends on the bunnies personality I suppose.

To be honest, i think it is pretty bad Not to like a rabbit because of it's looks That's like someone saying they don't like me because i have stubby long hair and a square chin ?
Poor bunnies, don't worry, i think you are all beautiful, and anyway, it doesn't matter what you look like
I think rexes are amazing, their fur Also nethies are dead cute! Have you seen Alison's Santa???

lol well i don't really mean it in that sense at the end of the day we all have particular taste in things. :wave:

There are definitely bunnies that I think are cuter than others, but I'm sure I'd love them all really. :love: I'm not so mad on the look of lionheads. The more a bunny looks like a 'traditional' bun (with uppy ears) the more I love 'em, but that's just my personal taste.

Back