• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried sick (heart murmur found, home )

Oh I'm sorry it's not better news :( don't despair though, she's in the best place and they'll do all they can to make her right x sending millions of vibes for Mabel xxx

she is coming home this afternoon, after repeat blood tests, and is going ashleigh vets to see about scans tomorrow

mabel is home, she climbed up to me at vets :love: and hugged me, she has got some zantac to take, and is going to ashliegh vets tomorrow for
further investigations

but her liver results and bloods taken today where much improved, only her protein was low, which could be due to her not eating much lately
she had gained 100 grams over night :D i said when i picked her up she feels to be abit bigger already, and teh nurse said yes she actually gained
100 grams overnight :thumb:

thanks just opened her notes up and read them her weight said today 1.04kg well she was a good 1.05kg before my hols, so im happy with that :thumb:

mabel went ashleigh vets today, he said she was an extremely thin rabbit, but she has always been like that, she is now near her best weight again :oops:

he said that heart disease is rare in buns as we know, but leave it 3-4weeks and if her weight improves, then they could do heart scan and tooth root scans,
although her teeth look ok right now
but i can;t see her weight going up much more now, as thats just mabel :? she is eating again, but it just comes out of her faster then she takes it in :oops:

thanks, does anyone know what foods are best for an aneamic rabbit?

Gosh, I am not sure. I had the reverse problem with Sunshine. But I know what put the weight on him, tons of rabbit muesli.:oops:

I think I have seen on here people talking about profibre. It is on one of Yvettes threads. Plus people use oats as well.

Back