• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Hamish/ update he's gone

Thank you everyone for the vibes, Steve collected Hamish this morning from the vets and he looks so poorly. It's breaking my heart :cry:

The vets are not at all optomistic. He wont even eat watery porridge on his own which he normally loves. I'm not well today so we are both lying in bed together so I can give him a bit of syringe food through out the day. He just doesn't seem to have any fight in him :( Can't believe how quickly he has gone down hill.

It's a shame I wasn't well enough to go to the vets myself today but she is ringing later with the result of another bunnies blood tests so I will be able to have a chat then. I just want to make sure I am doing absolutely everything I can for this poor bunny :cry:

Thank you everyone for the vibes, Steve collected Hamish this morning from the vets and he looks so poorly. It's breaking my heart :cry:

The vets are not at all optomistic. He wont even eat watery porridge on his own which he normally loves. I'm not well today so we are both lying in bed together so I can give him a bit of syringe food through out the day. He just doesn't seem to have any fight in him :( Can't believe how quickly he has gone down hill.

It's a shame I wasn't well enough to go to the vets myself today but she is ringing later with the result of another bunnies blood tests so I will be able to have a chat then. I just want to make sure I am doing absolutely everything I can for this poor bunny :cry:

Poor little Bunny :cry:
He will benefit from the TLC you are giving him.

I'm so sorry :cry: Poor Hamish. You're doing all you can and I'm sure he'll be getting comfort from all the tlc you're giving him. Lots of vibes x x

Liz, if you want me to come and fetch him and bring him back here for intensive nursing just let me know, I would be only too happy to help

Unfortunately there has been no improvement with Hamish over night so he has been readmitted at the vets today :cry:

Unfortunately there has been no improvement with Hamish over night so he has been readmitted at the vets today :cry:

I am really sorry to hear this :cry:

Perhaps if the Vet can get his pain under control he may pick up :?
That and IV fluids may get him through this.

Poor Hamish and poor you as I am sure you are everso upset :cry:

I am really sorry to hear this :cry:

Perhaps if the Vet can get his pain under control he may pick up :?
That and IV fluids may get him through this.

Poor Hamish and poor you as I am sure you are everso upset :cry:

I really hope so, I've left him there and said just do anything and everything you can for him.

They are concerned that there may be more going on than we can actually see at the moment, so maybe further test might help. They also said that they hadn't seen anything similar before as the areas of infection do not seem related to any tooth or tooth roots :?

Hector was so please when Hamish came home yesterday and they cuddled up straight away, but as the day progressed when Hamish was in the cage Hector kept well away from him, which I never see as a good sign :(

I really hope so, I've left him there and said just do anything and everything you can for him.

They are concerned that there may be more going on than we can actually see at the moment, so maybe further test might help. They also said that they hadn't seen anything similar before as the areas of infection do not seem related to any tooth or tooth roots :?

Hector was so please when Hamish came home yesterday and they cuddled up straight away, but as the day progressed when Hamish was in the cage Hector kept well away from him, which I never see as a good sign :(

At least you have a good Vet so Hammish will get all the treatment he needs.
Try to rest-up yourelf Liz as I know you are not feeling well at the moment and all the upset cant be helping

Still no change, I really don't know how much longer to keep trying, I don't want to put him through too much, but I don't want to give up on him either.

I need to ring again at tea time

Back