• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woohoo im on Telly 9 oct/updated with details when

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I cannot understand why people want to show their rabbits. I genuinely find it difficult to comprehend what enjoyment can be obtained from taking a bunny into an inevitably stressful environment to have someone judge their 'quality' against a breed standard.

I know there are people on here who show and apologies that I am about to offend you - but why on earth if you genuinely love your bunnies would you put them through the kind of ordeal shown on that programme or care at all whether or not they conform to a standard? Surely their health, happiness and wellbeing is more important, and you can do your best to make sure you fulfill those needs without reference to a judge brandishing a rosette.

I think both my bunnies are beautiful and no amount of awards would increase my love for them or make me value them anymore than I do now.

Completely agree.
The majority of the Rabbits were stressed, that was totally obvious.

Personally I cannot understand why people want to show their rabbits. I genuinely find it difficult to comprehend what enjoyment can be obtained from taking a bunny into an inevitably stressful environment to have someone judge their 'quality' against a breed standard.

I know there are people on here who show and apologies that I am about to offend you - but why on earth if you genuinely love your bunnies would you put them through the kind of ordeal shown on that programme or care at all whether or not they conform to a standard? Surely their health, happiness and wellbeing is more important, and you can do your best to make sure you fulfill those needs without reference to a judge brandishing a rosette.

I think both my bunnies are beautiful and no amount of awards would increase my love for them or make me value them anymore than I do now.

You can say this about any creature really. Crufts for example, a huge event. And people that take their children to baby shows.

You can say this about any creature really. Crufts for example, a huge event. And people that take their children to baby shows.

Exactly - I can't stand Crufts either. The fact it's a big event doesn't make it any better. Don't get me started on pedigree dog breeding and the hideous deformities it encourages.

As for baby shows, well not something I have an opinion on - but at least people aren't breeding to a breed standard when it comes to babies!

Exactly - I can't stand Crufts either. The fact it's a big event doesn't make it any better. Don't get me started on pedigree dog breeding and the hideous deformities it encourages.

As for baby shows, well not something I have an opinion on - but at least people aren't breeding to a breed standard when it comes to babies!

Well I know plenty of people that will happily turn down a date because the person wasn't 'good looking' enough :roll:

I agree with this completely.

And with regards to baby shows, i personally wouldn't do it no...if I had a baby. However it's hardly the same as animal breeding shows to be fair.

I was entered into a baby show when I was a little one; 'the bonniest baby competition'..I didn't ask to be of course..but i know my parents love me and i know that the baby show didn't make them love me anymore..even though i won it! haha :lol:, I don't recall suffering any trauma either ;) or being kept in a ridiculously sized pen. :(

:thumb::thumb::thumb: Bravo, couldn't have put it better!!

I feel the same for any animal; dog, cat hamsters...

I bet those hotots never come out their 3ft hutch when they are being shown... who knows if they ever come out. Having a white bun, i know how stained they get from being free range. I think the BRC is utterly ridiculous, along with Crufts, GCCF, TICA etc etc. The BBC should be utterly ashamed to show such low quality animal welfare to small children.

I agree with this completely.

And with regards to baby shows, i personally wouldn't do it no...if I had a baby. However it's hardly the same as animal breeding shows to be fair.

I was entered into a baby show when I was a little one; 'the bonniest baby competition'..I didn't ask to be of course..but i know my parents love me and i know that the baby show didn't make them love me anymore..even though i won it! haha :lol:, I don't recall suffering any trauma either ;) or being kept in a ridiculously sized pen. :(

You mean they didn't make you sit on a wire mesh grid so you didn't get fluff stuck to your nappy !! :shock:

I bet those hotots never come out their 3ft hutch when they are being shown... who knows if they ever come out. Having a white bun, i know how stained they get from being free range. I think the BRC is utterly ridiculous, along with Crufts, GCCF, TICA etc etc. The BBC should be utterly ashamed to show such low quality animal welfare to small children.

:thumb:

Here here! I couldnt agree more. Its sickening.

You mean they didn't make you sit on a wire mesh grid so you didn't get fluff stuck to your nappy !! :shock:

The rabbit can't be groomed once it's in it's pen, so woodshavings stuck in the coat could get really tangled. Besides, I know most long haired breeds prefer metal/plastic mesh to bedding.

The rabbit can't be groomed once it's in it's pen, so woodshavings stuck in the coat could get really tangled. Besides, I know most long haired breeds prefer metal/plastic mesh to bedding.

Are you being serious? I cant imagine that being comfortable. :evil::evil:

Can I just ask, do breeders let their bunnies out? Or would they be too worried about feet getting dirty ect..
Because those hutches really arent suitable for rabbits to live in.

Also, why do they have such small hutches? is it just so the breeders get more rabbits in or is there an actual purpose? :?

Less space for each bun = more space to cram in more buns... if you catch my drift.

They just want as many hutches in a small space as poss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back