• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woohoo im on Telly 9 oct/updated with details when

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things like that do happen though, I knew someone who bred mice and rats but also had a pet snake.... :? I;m not saying it happens but it crossed my mind..... just a bit grossed out about birds of prey after seeing scatted chicks in an enclosure I visited recently.....

What does this mean exactly? I keep rodents and snakes as pets as well, it doesn't mean I'm going to shove a live rat in with my boa if it gets ill or old. :?

Passing a comment which was in no way related to you.

It does relate to me as a reptile keeper, this thread is a great example of how examples of poor practice are often used to tar groups with the same brush (though I'm of the opinion that rabbit breeding needs to be controlled far more than it currently is - same goes for other domestic pets).

At the same time I don't really see a problem with someone breeding animals to be used as food for others as long as they're well looked after and killed in a humane way. Though reading back you never said if the chap you knew does this.

Things like that do happen though, I knew someone who bred mice and rats but also had a pet snake.... :? I;m not saying it happens but it crossed my mind..... just a bit grossed out about birds of prey after seeing scatted chicks in an enclosure I visited recently.....

Thus not implying anything about reptile keepers or rodent breeders in general, I am merely commenting I KNEW OF SOMEONE. Not you. :roll:

I'm confused as to why you'd bring it up at all then but never mind, I won't take this thread any further off topic.

Thus not implying anything about reptile keepers or rodent breeders in general, I am merely commenting I KNEW OF SOMEONE. Not you. :roll:

I'm confused as to why you'd bring it up at all then but never mind, I won't take this thread any further off topic.

I was justifying a comment I made earlier when I speculated about keeping birds of prey and breeding buns. Not trying to start a fight with rodent breeders or reptile keepers.

I was justifying a comment I made earlier when I speculated about keeping birds of prey and breeding buns. Not trying to start a fight with rodent breeders or reptile keepers.

Sorry teflon reading your post back again I read it completely the wrong way and I apologise for my post in reply to it. :oops:

I'll just crawl away and hide now:lol:

Sorry teflon reading your post back again I read it completely the wrong way and I apologise for my post in reply to it. :oops:

I'll just crawl away and hide now:lol:

S'ok.... no need to hide (we're all hidden in affect, behind computer screens lol)

I know some grim things happen.... but I'm not trying to say everyone does it, in fact, not MANY people do it... I was just shocked when a person I knew through the family was happily talking how he bred mice and rats, and he quite happily shared with us what he did..... kept his wallet happier and his snake :( Ive not spoken to him since.... I just dont agree with it..... :cry: At least the food you usually get for snakes from pet shops are already killed, arent they??

S'ok.... no need to hide (we're all hidden in affect, behind computer screens lol)

I know some grim things happen.... but I'm not trying to say everyone does it, in fact, not MANY people do it... I was just shocked when a person I knew through the family was happily talking how he bred mice and rats, and he quite happily shared with us what he did..... kept his wallet happier and his snake :( Ive not spoken to him since.... I just dont agree with it..... :cry: At least the food you usually get for snakes from pet shops are already killed, arent they??

Yes you are supposed to only feed pre-killed food to reptiles in the UK but as you say there will always be folk that do their own thing. The guy's snake wouldn't have been any worse off being fed pre-killed and would have been less at risk from injury inflicted by its food that way as well.

Shame some of her stock ended up at my local Rescue via Pets at Home............

This is both a lie and slunderous i have never supplied pets at home with any stock as you put it!!!!:evil: i used to work there and all the rabbits that were purchased in thier all came from 2 breeders one in Devon and the other im not sure where they are i have the companys names to prove that to. And i have never been notified that any of my rabbits have gone though any rescue

And Demi Honestly no point hun there are a few ppl that have met my buns in the fur and know that they are happy and content so no need to defend hun i know mine are happy when thier with me.:D

This is both a lie and slunderous i have never supplied pets at home with any stock as you put it!!!!:evil: i used to work there and all the rabbits that were purchased in thier all came from 2 breeders one in Devon and the other im not sure where they are i have the companys names to prove that to. And i have never been notified that any of my rabbits have gone though any rescue

You were working in the store and several of your Rexes were up for sale !!

This will probably get me an Infraction but I am NOT going to sit here and read your LIES.

You have supplied both P@H and Squires Garden Centre. You may not do it now but it is a LIE to say you never have.

One of your Rexes went to ARC when P@H could not sell him.

:censored:

You were working in the store and several of your Rexes were up for sale !!

This will probably get me an Infraction but I am NOT going to sit here and read your LIES.

You have supplied both P@H and Squires Garden Centre. You may not do it now but it is a LIE to say you never have.

One of your Rexes went to ARC when P@H could not sell him.

:censored:

Nope yes i supplied the garden centre but i havent supplied pets at home i did however rescue bun that was a mini rex from southhall market and his head was bald and i phoned arc if they could take him which they said yes and that the baldness was stress related but that was it.
(I DONT BREED MINI REXS)
PETS AT HOME DO NOT BUY FROM INDIVIDULS ASK THEM YOURSELF!

Nope yes i supplied the garden centre but i havent supplied pets at home i did however rescue bun that was a mini rex from southhall market and his head was bald and i phoned arc if they could take him which they said yes and that the baldness was stress related but that was it.
(I DONT BREED MINI REXS)
PETS AT HOME DO NOT BUY FROM INDIVIDULS ASK THEM YOURSELF!

I am not going to argue with you
I KNOW I am telling the truth. You were still employed in the store, heck you were showing off a Caster Rex (standard) baby that you were telling clients was bred by you.

I am glad that you have changed your ways in so far as not off-loading stock to the retail trade goes. But I WILL NOT be accused of lying when WE BOTH KNOW I AM NOT

ARC took a STANDARD Otter Buck from the ones YOU SUPPLIED TO P@H

HO Know, the previous Manager was spoken to about having taken stock from someone other than the normal supplier. By that stage you had left the store.

and I think this lies at the heart of the argument

Many..NOT ALL..breeders come on this forum...try to argue for breeding but get caught out lying..it does nothing to change anti-breeding views

Hence my earlier post saying only two I respect:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back