• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home Check Wednesday... NERVOUS

Shayne_

Warren Scout
Ok.. So I have a female new zealand white called YOKO on reserve to be bonded with Crash Bunny....

Home check is on Wednesday at 9:30am

Im so nervous....

What if I dont pass?

I have so much riding on this and planned

The plan is Crash will go down next week and spent a few days to a week being bonded with her at the fosters home then on the way home from london (going away for the weekend during the bonding time) will pick them both up and bring home

They will be living in the kitchen free range, I dont use cages, and with acces to the garden and rest of the house, baby gate keeps secure in kitchen.

Ive gone out and bought new rugs, huge box/litter tray, bowl, treats, big dog bed/mattress.

Ive got panels to pen off part of the kitchen for when they arrive as the lady said based on the kitchen floor space i will need to for a while as they continue to bond

I obviously havent any of this set up just all to hand ready to set up when it comes to it in a couple weeks (hopefully the 12th)

The kitchen overall floor space is 83 square feet, not that Crash ever uses the whole space, he tends to stay on his side of the kitchen with his matt and hay etc..... plus the rest of the house on supervised out time... plus a hugee garden i cant even begin to measure... a 6 x 4ft run that i would add panels to across the decking to give free access kitchen + decking area+ run (the decking +run being 108 square feet aprrox) thats just until she is ready for free reign in garden, to get used to the set up...

I just.. ugh.. its the RSPCA... they are soooo picky and i just have this bad feeling it isnt enough. Like i should have some mega expensive set up and a whole bedroom for them or something....

Im just venting this really.. but... any advice, tips, ideas or support would be great.. I really really want this to work, shes perfect for him and the family...

https://www.rspca.org.uk/local/walsall-branch/petsearch/details/YOKO_/BSA2060223/rehome

Have you're explained your set up to the rescue? Assuming you have, the home check should go fine. They may request a photograph once everything is setup
Good luck

Good luck with the home check. It sounds like a wonderful set up for them. I would be very surprised if they failed you.

Walsal rspcs have a reputation of being very rabbit friendly.

Thank you everyone!

Im just worrying myself silly, I have never had a home check, in the past they just accepted photos and detailed information so this is a little new. I always get anxious with new people coming into the house, general anxiety issues separate, so this is just a bit nervewrecking!

Hi Shayne, I adopted my second rabbit, Albert from the walsall branch of the RSPCA. They are all volunteers and are lovely. The main lady I remember dealing with was called Becky. She is super nice and she even did the bonding for me at her house. The house visit only lasted about 15 minutes, I had sent them a photo of my set up before but they like to come and see for themselves. Good luck with the visit on Wednesday, you will be totally fine though!

I'm sure it'll all go fine.
I've had home visits before for guinea pigs etc and I was sure my housing would be too small or they'd find something wrong. They actually gave me an amazing review and said they'd love to home more to me if I ever had the space [emoji38]

Fingers crossed but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I also had a homecheck from this branch and they were lovely! The lady just wanted to make sure bunnies wouldn't be cooped up in a cage. She did ask me what vet I would use and who would look after them if we went away but that's just to make sure you've thought about these things - they aren't trying to trip you up! They are there to help and want to be see bunny happily re-homed after all.

Good luck tomorrow although it sounds like a lovely bunny home. The RSPCA have so many animals to rehome and have seen some terrible sights, they will be thrilled to rehome a rabbit with you. The rabbit looks lovely. Let us know how it goes but stop worrying, it'll be fine!

We passed! :D:thumb::D

Passed with flying colours and she adored Crash bunny! He was so well behaved and was sweet and gentle saying hello!

So proud! Lol

I've sent an email about the next stage and planning the bonding process, just waiting to hear back to start the next step now! Woot!

Thanks everyone for the support!

Oh wonderful. So glad it went well. Good luck with the bonding when the time comes.

Back