• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Rabbits!

Hi All, :wave:

Please excuse Kinder's mess in the photos - today is cleaning day, luckily!

As most of you know, I'm new here!
I'm going to share some current pictures of Kinders set-up, as this is where her and Marmite will reside when they are fully bonded. At the moment Kinder has almost 10 hours of access to their garden area a day too. Marmite gets taken out there on alternate days for an equal amount of time. They also have the full run of the whole downstairs when we are in (separately until they are bonded - again we alternate days)
At the moment, it does look bare, and awful. It's the outhouse, so it is fairly cool, but in the winter is heated by electrical heaters on top of our fridge/freezers. Kinder chose this to be her room. Originally she was in the kitchen, and the outhouse door was shut 24/7 as it used to be full of garden equipment, one day we came home and she had pushed to door open and was lying calm as anything in the outhouse! From then on it was really hard to keep her in the kitchen. There's now a baby gate blocking her from the kitchen (she destroyed our kitchen door to get into the living room for attention every morning). Also something about the concrete floor she really likes. She has 2 dog beds and she sometimes still chooses to lie on the floor sometimes. As you can see there isn't many toys, because Kinder just isn't interested, she has loads but she doesn't actually like them or use them, she prefers cup holders from McDonalds to purpose built rabbit toys. The gate in the centre of the room is for when we are mowing the lawn outside etc, so we can have the door open without her making a dash for it. :lol:

2j0bkef.jpg
s1rqtl.jpg

We have some massive plans for this room. First of all the green-sickly walls are going - we're painting them an extremely light yellow. We also have bought carpet but we aren't going to lay this until Marmite and Kinder's bond is solid enough to leave them in the same area - especially since this is Kinder's territory. We have new bowls for them to share, and I have new litter trays which are hidden away from sight and smell. We intend on getting new dog beds when the change happens as well as new blankets/duvets (firstly we need to teach Marmite that she can't pee on blankets - some bad habit she had picked up from being in Kinder's area when Kinder was outside). I also have bought some troughs for the wall, as they go through a tonne of hay, where their new litter trays can be placed underneath. :D

I was just curious to see other peoples "bunny rooms" theres a lot of enclosures but its hard to have an idea of what to do when you have a room the length of the house! :lol: I like the idea of putting some climbing stuff up for them made from shelves, bunny proofed so they don't fall.

If you have any ideas they are more than welcome! Hopefully work will begin next week and I can keep you all updated!

Here is Jasper's & Mysty's setup

image.jpg1_zps9evd7s7e.jpg

They love to sit under the green chair, it's there favourite hidey hole.
They seem to enjoy ripping apart the straw houses.

image.jpg2_zpsdc0c3ts1.jpg

image.jpg3_zpspeinjuow.jpg

Jasper doing what he does best lying flopped out, he is a very relaxed bunny.

They love the plastic boxes with hay as litter trays, they just love to munch and poo at same time!

Hope this helps.

Thanks Nkariuz! I love the set-up! Kinder has some hidey holes, under shelving/her castle. She's not one to hide though, normally just find her lounging on her bed! :lol: when her and Marmite are together I will definitely need more hiding places at Marmite loves to hide!
As for the litter trays, that is exactly what we use now! With them being so large its possibly the only thing they will fit in :roll:
The straw houses seem really good! I hope that they would fit in!! Large bunnies are amazing but its so hard to find things they will fit in :lol:

Hiya.. Theres a whole sub forum on here if you look under HOUSING on the forum, there are literally hundreds of different ideas on here. Will keep you busy for days!!

Back